The outlook on hair transplant is a matter of utmost importance. It is not merely a matter of looking good or vanity. Hair plays a key role in an individual’s looks, how he/she views himself/herself, confidence levels and day to day functioning. That’s why people today are finding latest solutions for curing their baldness ranging from stem cell hair transplant in Dubai to hair plugs, minoxidil and other non surgical solutions.
Common surgical methods
Generally all the surgical procedures come under the roof of surgical hair transplants, but they can be classified into two further types. Literal hair transplants or micro grafts also known as hair plugs. Both end up curing your baldness and results can vary from person to person.
Literal hair transplants
Literal hair transplants have many types including FUE hair transplants, FUT hair transplants, stem cell hair transplant in Dubai and much more. Literal hair transplants are more beneficial for those individuals who have a wide balding area. Individuals who have lost their hair as a result of accident like burning usually go for literal hair transplants. Hence, if you have a widespread balding area, literal hair transplants are the right option for you.
Hair plugs also commonly known as micro grafting is usually suitable if you have a smaller balding area. This process involves sewing a strand of hair on to the scalp. Earlier people used hair plugs for widespread hair loss as well. But it was time consuming and looked unnatural.
How to choose one over the other?
Whether you want to go for stem cell hair transplant in Dubai, FUT hair transplants or micro grafts, it is important to consult your individual hair loss with an expert. The hair transplant surgeon or physician will perform biopsy of your scalp; review your medical history and the type of hair fall before determining which type of hair restoration method is ideal for you.
Advantages of literal hair transplants
Literal hair transplants have many advantages over hair plugs. Some of the advantages include
- There are multiple types of literal hair transplants you can choose from depending upon the type of hair fall and suggestions of the hair transplant expert.
- Various types include stem cell hair transplant, FUE hair transplant, FUT hair transplant, Robotic FUE hair transplants.
- You can undergo multiple hair transplants with the latest technology to achieve desired hair density.
- Minimal to no scarring occurs by using latest literal hair transplant procedures like stem cell FUE.
- If scaring occurs, scalp micropigmentation technique can be used to diminish the scars.
Advantages of hair plugs
Following are the advantages of using hair plugs:
- They are the best approach to treat smaller bald patches.
- They are a onetime procedure and mostly an individual does not require another session of hair plugs.
- It is the best technique if you have thick, coarse and curly hair.
- It is less expensive than literal hair transplants.
Both literal hair transplants and hair plugs have their own pros and cons. Hair transplants are the latest technology used for curing baldness. The results are permanent and natural looking. However with hair plugs, the results are permanent but they can look slightly unnatural, especially if you have straight and dark hair. Hair transplants are a much better option in comparison to hair plugs.