Common Reasons behind Hair Loss:
There are numerous factors which can contribute in causing your hair loss, such as:
- Hormonal disproportion
- Medical complications like Thyroid issue, cancer, anemia, lupus etc.
- Sleeping with wet hair
- Direct exposure of the sun
- Prenatal period
- Washing your hair on a daily basis.
- Brushing wet hair
- Post pregnancy
- Old age
- External Trauma such as an accident or a major surgery
- Long-lasting hair dye colours
- Tight hairdos like tight bun, ponytail or braid etc.
- Fragmented ends
- Excessive use of hair styling heating tools like hair straighter, curlers or blow dryer etc.
- Untidy scalp
What is the Estimated Age when People start suffering from Hair Loss?
Pattern baldness is also famous by the name of Androgenic Alopecia and it can be triggered at any age.
Hair loss can occur even when you are just15/16 years old. Hair loss symptoms for male and female are different.
Initial Symptoms of Hair Loss in Men:
- First, the hairline moves backward
- And makes a “M” shape
- Then hair becomes finer, shorter, and thinner
- And in the end, a U-shape is formed around the sides of the head.
Early Signs of Hair Loss in Women:
- It varies from being very mild to extreme.
- Hair thinning
- bald spots
- Declining hair line, etc.
Losing 50-100 hair strands are normal but if you are losing more than 100 hair strands or started observing the early signs of hair loss then you need to pay extra attention while handling your hair.
Tests to Check the Severity of Hair Loss:
You can test the severity of hair loss by performing some tests like:
- Comb test
- Pull test etc.
From Hair Loss to Baldness:
At the age of 20, the 20% of people may have to suffer from either hair thinning or hair loss. The results are least visible or not prominent at this age but the 50% of people at the age of 50 have to suffer from the noticeable hair loss which would eventually turn into baldness. But the majority hair loss victims would start observing their hair loss in their late twenties.
In order to control your hair loss at its early stages, you have to adopt a healthy lifestyle by following these simple, easy but effective tips:
Hair Care Routine to control your Hair Loss:
- Reduce all stress factors
- Avoid brushing wet hair
- Men with oily hair have to suffer from dandruff during summer, to get rid of it use shampoos which contain Aloe Vera and Neem because these will help to keep the head cool and flake free.
- Avoid wearing of the helmet for long durations because it will also cause Male Pattern Hair Loss.
- Keep yourself hydrated.
- Quit smoking
- Massage your scalp using coconut oil or almond oil.
- Avoid direct exposure to the sun and always wear a hat while going in the sun.
- Don’t sleep with wet hair
- Try not to drink alcoholic beverages.
- Avoid excessive hair styling.
- Don’t use hair setting products like hair tonics, gels, sprays etc.
- Keep a healthy and balanced diet.
Meet the Trichologist at the Hair Transplant Clinic:
Treatment is not important if you are comfortable with your appearance. You can either use a wig or can change your haircut to cover the balding areas.
But if you want to treat your hair thinning or hair loss then you just have to consult the trichologist at the hair transplant clinic.
· Cause, Type, and Severity of your Hair Loss:
The trichologist will examine your scalp including your recipient and donor areas. Then he will inform you about the underlying cause of your hair thinning and hair loss.
· Early Stage of your Hair Loss:
Then the trichologist will tell you the severity and type of your hair loss. And afterwards, if your hair loss is still at its early stages then the trichologist may recommend you to use medications, hair loss tonics or steroids.
· Extreme Stage of your Hair Loss:
But if your hair loss has reached to an extreme stage and can’t be stopped by the use of medications then the trichologist may recommend you to get a suitable hair loss treatment such as FUE hair transplant from the hair transplant clinic.