Scalp MicroPigmentation – Hair Tattoo
Scalp MicroPigmentation (SMP) is non-surgical, hassle-free and cost-effective hair loss solution that creates the look of a shaven head or short hairs by strategically injecting pigments in the dermal layer of the scalp skin. Wondering what exactly is this SMP technique for hair loss? Stop wondering, as you have come to the right place. Here you will get to know what SMP technique is, how it works and what are its pros and cons.
- 1 What is SMP (Scalp MicroPigmentation)?
- 2 How The Procedure Is Performed?
- 3 Preparing for SMP Treatment:
- 4 How Many Sessions Are Needed?
- 5 Post-Procedural Care:
- 6 What SMP Can Do For You?
- 7 Biggest Advantage of SMP:
- 8 Why Hair Transplant is better than SMP Hair Loss Technique?
- 9 Our Team of Doctors
- 10 Schedule a FREE CONSULTATION:
What is SMP (Scalp MicroPigmentation)?
SMP (Scalp MicroPigmentation) is an effective cosmetic hair loss solution for people suffering from androgenic alopecia or any other type of alopecia that may have resulted in permanent hair loss. The procedure does not involve any surgery, skin cutting and stitching or scarring. No, it does not involve hairpieces either. It is a highly advanced form of cosmetic pigmentation in which specialized pigments are applied directly into the dermal layer of the skin to replicate the natural appearance of real micro hairs.
How The Procedure Is Performed?
The procedure involves administering highly specialized pigments into the scalp skin using a multitude of different needle sizes to create the appearance of a fuller head of shaven hairs. It is a highly advanced form of cosmetic pigmentation in which tested pigments are injected into the scalp skin at varying penetration depths and angles to replicate a natural, more youthful head of hair. A variety of different shades of pigments is used to achieve perfect blend of shades that exactly match the existing hair on the patient’s head. Patient’s skin tone is carefully observed before selecting a well blended pigment to create the simulation of natural looking hair follicles and micro hairs.
Preparing for SMP Treatment:
There is literally no special preparation required for SMP treatment. All that you may be asked to do is, come to the clinic with a freshly washed scalp. Also avoid bringing any valuables to the clinic.
How Many Sessions Are Needed?
The pigment is usually administered over 2-3 sessions spaced , but this can vary from person to person depending upon the extent of baldness, size of the area that needs to be covered and the desired hair density. SMP technique uses specially designed pigments and not the usual tattoo ink. This is why SMP pigments maintain their definition and do not spread out or fade out over time.
SMP technique for hair loss is a simple procedure that does not involve a long list of post-op instructions. Simple things that you must consider after the treatment include:
- No Scalp Massage: Don’t rub or massage your head immediately after the treatment. In fact, you should avoid touching the scalp unnecessarily for a couple of days.
- No Head Washing: Don’t wash your head for a day or two, as recommended by your provider. The pigment used in SMP technique for hair loss is permanent and does not wash off as you wash your head. But it does need some time to settle down in the area where it has been injected.
- No Sunlight Exposure: Sun exposure is obviously not allowed. The UV rays in sunlight are harmful for the pigment as well your skin. Avoid exposing the pigmented area to direct sunlight for 3-4 weeks at least. After that you can sunbathe as usual.
What SMP Can Do For You?
Scalp MicroPigmentation has helped thousands of men all across the world to achieve youthful appearance and their desired hair patterns. It provides a virtually non-invasive solution for men with receded hairline, significant hair thinning, partial or complete baldness or those with scalp scars, including the one resulting from strip method transplant. The technique can:
- Replicate the appearance of a thicker and fuller head of hair
- Recreate a natural-looking, youthful hairline
- Camouflage hair thinning and bald patches resulting from any type of alopecia
- Camouflage scalp scars from injuries and even from hair transplant surgeries
- Work in combination a surgical hair restoration to provide additional hair density
Biggest Advantage of SMP:
The biggest advantage of SMP or hair tattoo is that its results are permanent yet flexible. You get exactly the shape and density of hairline that you want, but you can also refresh the treatment later on in life as your circumstances, preferences or extent of hair loss changes. And if for some reason, you really don’t like the replicated hairline, you can always get rid of the pigment permanently, mostly through a single laser session.
Why Hair Transplant is better than SMP Hair Loss Technique?
While Scalp MicroPigmentation / shaved head tattoo may sound more appealing and lucrative, hair transplant still remains the best hair loss solution. SMP only replicates a shaven head of hair and is not helpful for those who wish to wear long hair. After all it is a fake head covering attempt, which does not give you original hair. If you really want to enjoy the feel of real hair and experiment with different hairstyles, a Hair Transplant Surgery may be worth considering.
Our Team of Doctors
Schedule a FREE CONSULTATION:
To know more about the difference between SMP and Hair Transplant in Dubai, book a Free Consultation now by filling the form below and let our experts guide you.