Mustaches are considered as a universal icon of virility and power. But men nowadays are sporting mustaches as a symbol of style and sophistication. To many, a mustache represents maturity and timeless elegance, and is therefore considered a gentleman’s symbol. While growing facial hairs is written on men’s genes, millions of men find it very difficult to grow a fuller mustache. Are you also struggling to get hair above your upper lip, you just want to enhance mustache thickness or seeking ways to fill up hairless patches in the mustache? Whatever the problem may be, we have a single solution and that is a Mustache Transplant Dubai.
Surprised to hear about mustache transplantation? Never heard of it before? Like head and beard hair transplant in dubai, surgeons are also helping people grow thicker and fuller mustaches by simply relocating some healthy hairs from the back of the scalp to the area between your upper lip and nose – yes the mustache area.
- 1 How Mustache Hair Transplant Is Performed?
- 2 Mustache Hair Transplant Pre Operative:
- 3 What To Expect After Mustache Transplant?
- 4 Post-Op Care:
- 5 When Will I See Results?
- 6 Our Team of Surgeons
- 7 Schedule a FREE CONSULTATION:
How Mustache Hair Transplant Is Performed?
It is a simple surgery similar to any other type of facial hair transplant. The surgery is performed with local anesthesia on an outpatient basis. The surgeon begins by selecting and shaving the donor area. Local anesthesia is administered to the donor area – somewhere at the back of the head. Then, using Follicular Unit Extraction method, the surgeon harvests required a number of follicular grafts from the donor site. The harvested follicles are stored in an artificial medium to make sure they don’t die outside the body.
Once enough follicles have been harvested, the surgeon administers local anesthesia to the area above your upper lip. Then using a fine punch tool, he will make tiny incisions in the skin just like a gardener makes small holes in the soil to sow tiny plants. Harvested grafts are then carefully placed in those incisions to conclude the surgery. The entire process generally takes 2 to 3 hours, but it can vary depending upon the number of grafts needed.
FAQs For Mustache Hair Transplant
What is a mustache transplant?
A mustache hair transplant is a procedure that helps in hair restoration in the mustache area. It can be used for complete or partial filling of the bald patches or for a complete restoration. Moreover, it can hide natural or accident scars in the mustache area.
Mustache transplant before and after
To see the before and after images of a mustache hair transplant, please visit our website's Results page.
What does the mustache transplant cost?
The exact cost of a mustache hair transplant can be determined by your doctor as it varies from person to person. Moreover, certain factors affect the overall cost, such as the doctor's expertise, location, number of sessions required, etc.
What are the mustache transplant side effects?
The most common side effects of a mustache hair transplant include itching, irritation, swelling, soreness, redness, tightness, numbness, scabbing or crusts, and infection. Most of these are temporary side effects and subside on their own but if they persist, consult a doctor immediately.
Mustache Hair Transplant Pre Operative:
Preparing well for the surgery is the key to a successful mustache hair transplant. Follow the tips below to make sure you are ready for a successful transplant:
- Discontinue any blood thinning medication if you are taking. These include aspirin and its products, ibuprofen and beta blockers. Herbal supplements should also be avoided during the last two weeks prior to surgery.
- Quit smoking two weeks prior to surgery and limit your alcohol intake during the last week before mustache transplant.
- Get the tests done and their reports submitted with the doctor 3 weeks before surgery. Also fill in all the prescriptions well in advance.
What To Expect After Mustache Transplant?
Immediately after the surgery, the donor area as well as the recipient area will be sore and tender. Take prescribed medicines and use cold compressions to manage pain and discomfort. Avoid washing your face for 24 to 36 hours as this may damage transplanted follicles. After 2-3 days you will notice crusting and scabbing in the recipient area. This is an indication that healing process has started. Most patients are able to resume routine activities on the third day following the surgery.
Your surgeon will provide you with a list of instructions to follow after Mustache Transplant in Dubai. Follow them carefully to make sure you recover quickly and uneventfully.
- Do not pick or scratch at the scab; rather let it come off naturally while you wash your face.
- You may also experience itchiness in the transplanted area. Keep the area moisturized to minimize itchiness.
- Touching your face, and especially mustache area, is strictly prohibited. This can infect the wounds, affecting outcome of the surgery.
- Avoid exposing your face to direct sunlight for at least a month.
- Refrain from smoking and drinking for at least 7 to 10 days. Cigarettes and alcohol both can hamper healing process and hair regrowth.
- Do not indulge in vigorous activities for at least a month.
When Will I See Results?
Hair growth after mustache transplant takes time. It will take 2-3 months before you will see any notable signs of hair regrowth from the transplanted follicles. Full growth becomes evident after 8 to 12 months. Stay patient and focused during all this time, as patience and determination is the key.
Our Team of Surgeons
Schedule a FREE CONSULTATION:
If you are interested in getting a Mustache Hair Transplant in Dubai, or you have any queries or concerns, contact Hair Transplant Dubai Clinic with full confidence and you would not be disappointed. To schedule a FREE CONSULTATION, fill the form below.