Follicular Unit Extraction or simply FUE is a minimally invasive hair transplantation method suitable for treating smaller areas of hair loss. The procedure for FUE hair transplant is simple, requires minimal downtime, and provides excellent results.
The FUE procedure is usually performed in a hair transplant clinic under local anesthesia. During the procedure, the hair transplant surgeon extracts individual follicular hair grafts from the patient’s scalp. They make tiny incisions at the back of the head, known as the donor site. The scalp’s backside is chosen for follicular extraction because the hair in this part is usually baldness-resistant and more robust.
After extraction, skilled technicians prepare the grafts for transplant using the latest technology. Once the grafts are ready, the surgeon will shave the recipient areas and create tiny incisions in the scalp. Then, they will place each graft individually into the incisions, using their skill and expertise to match the patient’s natural hair growth pattern.
The FUE technique of hair transplantation does not leave any visible scars since the incisions are incredibly tiny. Patients can also wear their hair short after an FUE hair transplant because there is no visible scarring. Moreover, the recovery period is also short, and patients can resume their regular activities within a few days.
How much does the FUE hair transplant cost in Dubai?
The Hair Transplant Clinic offers exceptionally reasonable and competitive rates for FUE hair transplants. The average FUE hair transplant cost in Dubai starts from AED 10 to AED 12 per graft.
FUE Hair Transplant Procedure
FUE Hair Transplant FAQs
Does the FUE hair transplant require anesthesia?
The FUE hair transplant is a minimally invasive hair transplantation method; therefore, it does not require general anesthesia. In order to avoid any discomfort or pain during the procedure, local anesthesia is used.
Who is a good candidate for the FUE hair transplant?
Anybody with hair thinning or bald patches can benefit from a hair FUE transplant. However, individuals having smaller areas of hair loss, a busy lifestyle, and needing minimal downtime are considered ideal for Follicular Unit Extraction.
Other prerequisites for the candidacy of FUE hair transplant include:
1. Sufficient Donor Hair – Patients must have sufficient baldness-resistant hair grafts that could be harvested and transplanted in the balding areas.
2. Less Scalp Laxity – Individuals with tight scalps are not considered good candidates for FUT hair transplants. So, patients with not enough scalp laxity can benefit from FUE.
3. Controlled Hair Loss – Patients with non-progressive hair loss are ideal for FUE hair transplantation. If the hair loss is progressive, the results will not be long-lasting and patients may need a second surgery.
What is the recovery and downtime for the FUE hair transplant?
FUE hair transplant is a minimally invasive procedure with minimal downtime and quick recovery. Since there is no visible scarring, patients recover quickly, usually in three to seven days.
Are the results of the FUE hair transplant permanent?
Since FUE only uses baldness-resistant follicles, they maintain this quality at their new site. While the transplanted hair may fall out, new hair will grow from the same follicles, providing permanent results.
When will I start seeing results after FUE hair transplant?
Candidates will start noticing initial results within three months after the FUE hair transplant. However, the hair will continue growing for about a year after the transplant and candidates will see the final results after that.
How to choose the right surgeon for FUE hair transplant?
Before undergoing a hair transplant, patients must carefully choose their surgeon. For that purpose, they should do extensive research, ask their friends who have undergone hair transplants before, look for online testimonials, etc.
To choose the right FUE hair transplant surgeon, please focus on the following aspects:
• Surgeon’s certifications and license
• Surgeon’s expertise and qualification
• Before and after pictures of their previous clients
• Professionalism and honesty about the possible procedure outcomes
• Safety policy
• Patient testimonials and reviews
How to prepare for an FUE hair transplant?
Preparing for the surgery is essential for a successful FUE hair transplant. Here is a list of things that patients should avoid before the surgery:
• Discuss any allergies or medications that you are taking with the surgeon before the procedure.
• Stop taking blood thinners at least two weeks before the surgery.
• Fill all your prescriptions (both painkillers and antibiotics) well in advance.
• Maintain a stable weight and follow a balanced diet before the surgery to promote your body’s natural healing properties.
How many FUE hair transplants can you have?
There are no restrictions on the number of overall hair transplants an individual can have. However, a substantial gap between two hair transplantation procedures is required.
Does FUE give natural results?
The results of an FUE hair transplant are natural-looking and long-lasting. Since the donor hair is taken from the candidate’s own scalp, they match the hair color and texture perfectly.