Going bald or suffering from hair loss is an issue that almost everyone experiences at some point in their lives. This point in their life can come sooner than they expect.
Many hair regrowth products are available in the market like Propecia and Rogaine, these can help controlling hair loss to a certain degree. But these are unable to restore hair completely and also can’t help in preventing future hair loss.
Hair transplant is a safe and viable option but people who want to opt for it have many questions popping in their minds.
Following are the all Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Hair Transplant Surgery:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Hair Transplant Surgery:
- What causes hair loss?
- What exactly is a hair transplant?
- Does hair transplantation work?
- How many hair transplant procedures are necessary?
- Are there hair loss treatments that don’t require surgery?
- My hair fell out once, will I need hair transplant?
- After a hair transplant surgery, how long will it take for the hair to grow?
- What if I only want to do one procedure?
- Is there any scarring from hair transplantation?
- Should I have a hair restoration procedure as soon as I see a sign of hair loss?
- Is there any pre or post-surgical care?
- Is hair loss transplantation surgery affordable for all?
- I have a medical condition. Can I still receive a hair transplant?
- Do I have to wear wig or hair extensions after getting a hair transplant surgery?
- How long will the hair restoration results last?
- Will I be awake during a hair transplant procedure?
- Are hair transplants painful?
- Are there any complications or risks with hair transplantation surgery?
- Can women also get a hair transplantation procedure?
- Will people be able to distinguish between my transplanted and natural hair?
1. What causes hair loss?
- There could be many reasons like:
- Sudden weight reduction
- Messy scalp
- Insufficient consumption of supplements like Vitamin B and C, the mineral zinc, sulfur, protein and so on.
- Direct exposure to the sun
- Some kind of sicknesses
- Undergone an operation
- Due to an intake of prescribed medications like steroids, conception prevention pills and so forth.
- Irritated skin
- Depression, nervousness, stress
- Too much shampooing
- Tight hairstyles like pulling it back too firmly, tight twists/ponytails
- Sleeping with wet hair
- Certain skin issues ►like dermatitis and psoriasis
- Chlorinated water
- Excessive utilization of heating devices like hair curlers, straighter, blow dryer and so on.
- Poor brushing method
- Intake of drugs
- Permanent hair dyes or products.
- Unhealthy eating
- Crash eating or skipping meals.
- Menstruation or menopause
- Medical scatters like the thyroid disease, anemia, lupus, cancer and so on.
- Brushing wet hair
- Improper shampooing method
- Genetic or innate
- Due to excessive wearing of a cap or a helmet
2. What exactly is a hair transplant?
- The procedure includes:
- The extraction of the hair follicles from the sides and the back of his head.
- Then tiny incisions at the proper locations are made at the recipient areas for the implantation process.
- In the end, the extracted hair follicles are then implanted at the right angels in the made tiny incisions to complete the surgery.
- The entire hair transplant surgery is performed under the administration of the local anesthesia for the painless procedure.
3. Does hair transplantation work?
- The hair transplant surgery if performed by an experienced and skilled surgeon will look more realistic and natural and will last longer.
4. How many hair transplant procedures are necessary?
- The number of procedures necessary to achieve desired results varies from person to person and also depends on the severity of hair loss.
5. Are there hair loss treatments that don’t require surgery?
- There are other hair loss treatments too which don’t require surgery, includes:
- Laser light comb
- Low-dose laser therapy
- Laser light Helmet
- Hair Regrowth Tonics like creams, sprays, gels etc.
- Home Remedies
- ACell / PRP hair loss therapy
- Mesotherapy hair loss treatment
- PRP hair loss therapy
6. My hair fell out once, will I need the transplant?
- For the confirmation, you have to consult a trichologist for proper guidance.
7. After a hair transplant surgery, how long will it take for the hair to grow?
- It takes about 3 months for the hair to regrow. And in 12 months 75% of the hair will be prominent and in 15 to 18 months, your head will be full of hair.
8. What if I only want to do one procedure?
- Hair transplantation can be done in a single session if the surgeon recommends.
9. Is there any scarring from hair transplantation?
- Whenever we get injured or bruised then it heals by the process called “fibrosis”. It’s same in hair transplantation procedure that the scars are healed just like injuries.
10. Should I have a hair restoration procedure as soon as I see a sign of hair loss?
- Some people use medications to control hair loss but once you start losing more than 100 hair strands a day then it’s important to consult a trichologist for proper guidance.
11. Is there any pre or post-surgical care before getting a hair transplant surgery?
- Yes….!!! There are some, like:
- Try not to take blood thinners at least two weeks before getting a hair transplant surgery.
- Quit smoking.
- Stop the consumption of alcohol and alcoholic beverages at least a week before getting the procedure.
- Start taking the prescribed medications both painkillers and antibiotics in advance, according to the recommendation of the trichologist.
12. Is hair transplantation surgery affordable for all?
- It depends on the hair transplantation clinic, the experience of a surgeon and location.
13. I have a medical condition. Can I still have a hair transplant?
- It depends on what medical condition you have its recommended to consult a trichologist first.
14. Do I have to wear wig or hair extensions after getting a hair transplant surgery?
- Obviously no…!!! After getting a hair transplant surgery you don’t have to wear wigs and hair extensions to cover your hair loss. Because after 15/ 18 months you will have natural looking hair.
15. How long will the hair restoration results last?
- Hair transplantation surgery helps to provide natural looking hair and it lasts a lifetime.
16. Will I be awake during a hair transplant procedure?
- Yes….!!! You will be completely awake during the hair transplantation procedure. Only a local anesthesia will be administrated on your donor region like back or sides of your scalp for the extraction of hair follicles and at your recipient areas for the implantation process.
17. Are hair transplants painful?
- The local anesthesia will be administered on your donor and recipient regions that’s why the hair transplantation surgery will be painless.
18. Are there any complications or risks with hair transplantation surgery?
- It’s better to consult a trichologist before getting a hair transplant surgery. Because he will evaluate your hair bearing region and afterward will affirm you that are you eligible to get a hair transplant surgery or not. If you are not a suitable candidate to get a hair transplant procedure but still got it then you may have to face side effects, allergies, risks, and complications.
19. Can women also get a hair transplantation procedure?
- Yes….!!! Women are also eligible to get a hair transplant.
20. Will people be able to distinguish between my transplanted and natural hair?
- Absolutely no….!!! Nobody will be able to distinguish between your natural and transplanted hair. Because the transplanted hair will grow like your existing natural hair.
Hope that all your queries are answered here and you are now comfortable to get a hair transplant surgery.
Please follow and like us: