Losing a large number of hairs every single day can be painful but different options can be used to restore hair growth on bald spots. Actually, baldness is a common problem that can be treated through a baldness treatment. A hair transplant is normally used to restore hair growth. This page discusses baldness causes, types, and treatment in detail. Continue reading to know how an advanced treatment can restore hair growth in bald areas.
What is Baldness?
The word ‘baldness’ refers to the inability of an area to grow hair. A bald area may have a very small number of hairs but it does not have the hair density that the scalp normally has.
By hair density, we mean the number of hairs that grow within one secure centimeter. People with different ethnicities may have different hair density and hair type.
For most of us, baldness is just the absence of hair on a small or large part of the body but hair growth professionals can differentiate among different types of baldness.
Based on the way it occurs, experts divide baldness into different types. Here are some important types of baldness that are common:
- Androgenic Alopecia: It is known as androgenic alopecia because it occurs due to the effects of androgen on the hair follicles. The person with this type starts losing hair from the temples area.
- Involution Alopecia: This type of baldness occurs naturally in men. In this condition, hair becomes thin with the passage of time due to resting phase of hair follicles.
- Alopecia Areata: This type of baldness is quite common and it is also known as spot baldness. An autoimmune disease can cause this problem. There is no perfect solution for it but experts use different techniques to stop the progress.
- Alopecia Universalism: This type of baldness is also caused by autoimmune diseases. Alopecia Universalism affects hair on all areas of the scalp, face, and body. Mean to say, eyebrows and eyelashes may also fall out when this issue occurs.
- Trichotillomania: It is an impulse control disorder where a person feels the urge to pull hair from the scalp or another area of the face or body. This bad habit can result in minor to major hair thinning and/or baldness.
- Telogen Effluvium: Like Alopecia Areata, this type is also very common around the world. It mostly occurs to the scalp hair and it may target specific areas of the scalp (e.g. top of the head). It may not cause all scalp hair to fall but it can cause hair thinning or baldness in some areas.
It all starts with abnormal hair loss and thin areas develop after some time. Hair thinning further leads to baldness which is characterized as not having any hair on an area of the scalp.
Let’s have a look at some common causes of baldness:
- Family history
- Certain hairstyles.
- Medical conditions
- Hormonal changes
- A stressful life event.
- Medications and supplements.
- Radiation therapy to the head.
What is Baldness Treatment?
When you are going through abnormal hair loss, you have different options to repair the damage and trigger hair growth. However, once an area of your scalp has developed bald spots, a hair transplant might be your only hope. It is not as complex as it seems.
You can expect the following benefits from our latest baldness treatment in Dubai & Abu Dhabi:
- It takes hair grafts from the same person.
- The baldness issue will get solved effectively.
- It naturally restores hair growth in a bald area.
- The treatment will deliver natural-looking and long-lasting result.
You can be a good candidate for our treatment for baldness if you fulfill the following criteria:
- Your hair loss has stopped. Mean to say that you are no longer losing hair.
- You want to fix baldness permanently and want to get natural-looking results.
- You want to restore hair growth on the scalp naturally and without getting many harms.
- You have good overall health and you have realistic expectations with treatment outcomes.
You must not be worried about side effects and risk of complications because our hair transplant surgeons enjoy a high success rate and a low complications rate. If you want to have it, you should expect the following minor and temporary side effects:
- There are chances of infection but infections quite rate.
- The patient may feel slight pain after treatment but it will end soon.
- The treated area or the areas around it may stay swell for some time.
- Some numbness may exist right after treatment but it will go very soon.
- Once the micro-injuries subside the treated area will have scarring for some time.
- Crust form for some time on treated areas has been performed and it is totally normal.
An FUE hair transplant can be performed in 4 to 8 hours and it can be divided into the following steps:
- Step 1 – Donor area preparation
- Step 2 – Marking of the donor area
- Step 3 – Anesthesia on the donor area
- Step 4 – Extraction of hair grafts
- Step 5 – Preparation of hair grafts
- Step 6 – Anesthesia on the recipient area
- Step 7 – Transplantation of hair grafts
A surgeon determines how many hair grafts a person may have to grow a good number of hairs. Many other factors also matter when we calculate the price of the procedure.
That is why baldness treatment cost can be different for different individuals. One of our hair restoration surgeons can check your baldness problem and quote price if you visit us.
Consult an Expert
You may be interested in this treatment if you want to get rid of bald areas. If you have bald spots on the scalp, beard, eyebrows, and eyelashes, our latest baldness treatment can surely help.
Do you need more details about this procedure? Contact us anytime and book yourself an exclusive appointment with one of our hair restoration experts.