Eyebrow Hair Transplant
Eyebrow hair loss is rare. However, this does not make it less disturbing for the people who experience it. There are many factors, which can contribute to the eyebrow hair loss. Over-plucking, medication, eczema, alopecia areata, and lupus are some common triggers of eyebrow hair loss. Excessive plucking is probably the most common cause of eyebrow hair loss and this is why most of the eyebrow hair transplant candidates are females. But men are also seeking Eyebrow Hair Transplant in Dubai.
What Is Eyebrow Hair Transplantation Surgery?
Eyebrow hair transplant dubai is a simple, minimally invasive procedure in which the surgeon harvests healthy, balding resistant hair follicles from the back of the scalp, chest or back area and plants them in the eyebrows, in the areas of need. The surgery can be used for enhancing existing sparse eyebrow or for recreating eyebrows in individuals who have lost their brows due to trauma, burn or accident.
Full restoration requires over 200 grafts, whereas enhancement involves transplantation of grafts anywhere between 101 to 199 grafts. Most women nowadays are also undergoing Eyebrow Hair Transplant in Dubai for touch up purpose. Touch ups are intended to give an individual his desired, perfect eyebrow shape. This subtle eyebrow reshaping usually requires 50 to 100 grafts.
Preparing for Eyebrow hair transplant
Like any other surgery, eyebrow hair transplant also requires proper preparation prior to the procedure to deliver exactly what you are wishing for. Here are some instructions that you must follow in the lead up to the surgery to make sure you get the most out of eyebrow restoration:
- Stop taking blood thinning medications, such as aspirin, ibuprofen and few other pain medications. You doctor can better guide you in this regard.
- Avoid herbal supplements as well, as most of the herbs have blood thinning characteristics.
- Quit smoking two to three weeks before eyebrow transplant. Nicotine in cigarettes hampers healing process and hair growth from transplanted follicles.
- Cut your alcohol consumption as you prepare for surgical eyebrow restoration. Avoid drinking alcoholic beverages during the last three days prior to surgery.
- Limit your intake of caffeinated drinks and black colas during the last week before eyebrow hair transplant.
How The Procedure Is Performed?
As stated above, eyebrow hair transplant in Dubai is a minimally invasive surgery performed with local anesthesia on an outpatient basis. It generally takes two to three hours for completion. The surgeon begins by numbing the donor area. The required number of grafts is then harvested, using either FUT or FUE hair transplant. Both surgeons and patients usually prefer Follicular Unit Extraction method as it is less invasive and has less recovery time. Once the grafts have been harvested, the surgeon administers local anesthesia to the recipient area. Sites for transplantation of grafts are then carefully created. The surgeon concludes the surgery by placing grafts in those sites.
What To Expect After Eyebrow Hair Transplant?
Newly transplanted follicles are prone to damage and dislodge so you need to take very good care of the treated areas to make sure you recover quickly and uneventfully, and get the most out of the surgery. No makeup is allowed for the first 2-3 weeks but after that you can wear makeup as usual. Hair regrowth following Eyebrow hair Transplant in Dubai is not an overnight procedure. It takes few months for the newly transplanted hair to grow and become apparent. Hairs on the eyebrows normally begin to appear after 3 months, but it takes 8 to 12 months for the final results to become notable.
Post-operative Care for Eyebrow Hair Transplant:
Recovery following eyebrow hair transplant in Dubai is usually safe, but there are a few post-op instructions that you have to follow to ensure your recovery is quick and uneventful. Listed below are some common instructions that you need to follow after eyebrow restoration:
- Start taking prescription medicines immediately after the surgery.
- Don’t wash your face for 24-36 hours post transplant. After that, you can wash your face as usual.
- Do not take any blood thinning medication for at least 2 weeks following the surgery.
- Smoking remains prohibited for 2 to 3 weeks post eyebrow transplant.
- Say no to alcoholic beverages for at least 3 days after the procedure.
- Do not rub or scrub eyebrows or the area around the brows.
- Resist your urge to pick at the scab and scratch the scars.
- Protect your newly transplanted eyebrow from direct sunlight for 3 to 4 weeks.
- Don’t touch your eyes and eyebrows out of habit. This can infect the wounds.
Our Team of Surgeons
Schedule a FREE CONSULTATION:
Even in this era of technology, where a lot of information is readily available, many people still live with glitches just because they do not know they can be fixed. Cost of eyebrow hair transplant in dubai can range between 10,000 to 15,000 AED. However, the specific cost of the procedure can be evaluated only after you have been properly examined by the surgeon during the consultation. If you want to fix or improve any aspect of your appearance – search for the solution. Chances are good that you will find some solution. What’s more, you can get FREE CONSULTATION from our surgeons and beauty experts at Hair Transplant Dubai Clinic. Just fill the consultation form below and take your first step towards thicker and fuller eyebrows that you always wished to have.