Losing hair is common for us but losing a huge number of hairs every single day can lead to baldness. Baldness mostly occurs in men and our latest male hair transplant can restore hair growth naturally.
We use mostly use FUE and FUT techniques to perform it but other options are available as well. What is it? How does it work? How much does it cost?
This page discusses how make hair transplant restores hair growth in men. Continue reading to know its benefits, side effects, cost, procedure, and more.
Male Hair Loss and Baldness
Abnormal hair loss is common in men and women but some people go one to develop bald spots. Home remedies and non-surgical options may not work when this happens. Surgical hair restoraiotn treatment can regrow hair naturally.
Male Hair Transplant for Baldness
A male hair transplant is a specially designed treatment that restores hair growth on bald spots for a long time. It may cause minor side effects but it will deliver natural-looking results.
Some differences in hair type and hair growth pattern exist among men and women. That is why doctors have to notice minor details while performing a hair transplant for males.
If you are a man with hair thinning and baldness problem, you should expect the following benefits from this safe and effective procedure:
- Downtime is short and side effects are minimal in this procedure.
- Unlike FUT, there is no fear of getting visible linear scar at the donor site.
- Hair grafts from the backside of the scalp of the same person get removed.
- It is possible to use body hair to perform this type of hair restoration procedure.
- It delivers natural hair growth that stays for a long time and looks totally natural.
- FUE is a minimally invasive and slightly surgical method to perform a hair transplant.
- Unlike FUT, a thin strip of hair from the backside of the scalp does not get removed here
Most men with baldness problem would be good candidates of male hair transplant. You may qualify as a good candidate for this procedure if you are a man with the following:
- You have good mental and physical health.
- Your hair loss has stopped or is going to stop soon.
- You need to have a safe and effective hair restoration treatment.
- You do not have enough number of balding resistant hair on the scalp.
- You are not able to take FUT hair transplant due to tightness of the scalp’s skin.
- You want to have a hair growth that lasts for a long time and that looks natural.
As mentioned above, our Male Hair Transplant in Dubai & Abu Dhabi is a slightly surgical and minimally invasive treatment that can cause minor side effects for a short time.
If the patient follows the doctor’s guidelines, the treatment areas will heal quickly and there will be no risk of complications.
If you are going to have this procedure, you should expect the following side effects:
- Minor pain
- Mild bruising
- Mild swelling
- Minor infection
- Crust formation
- Temporary scarring
The time required to perform an FUE hair transplant varies from person to person. It can take from 4 to 8 hours. Though this technique is not complicated, we can divide it into five steps. Let’s briefly go through these important steps:
Step 1 – Donor Area Shaving and Cleaning: In the start, the professional or an assistant will shave the donor site and clean it to start the procedure.
Step 2 – Marking and Anesthesia of Donor Area: Now your doctor will check the donor area and mark it and apply local anesthesia to make extraction comfortable and effective.
Step 3 – Hair Grafts Extraction from Donor Area: It is time to extract hair grafts from the donor area. Now your doctor will carefully extract hair grafts. It is followed by preparing hair grafts for transplantation.
Step 4 – Recipient Area Preparation Anesthesia: It is time to prepare the recipient area for transplantations. This area will be analyzed, marked, and put to sleep to make sure all hair grafts go to the right point.
Step 5 – Transplantation of Hair Grafts and Conclusion: To conclude the process, the professional will take the extracted hair grafts and transplant at the recipient area one by one. This whole transplantation process can take hours.
If you choose a seasoned surgeon for hair restoration, you will not be at risk of any complications. You may have to follow the following instructions before the treatment:
- Tell your doctor if you have a health problem.
- Avoid smoking cigarettes and drinking alcoholic drinks.
- Do not take medications such as blood-thinners and aspirin.
- Buy medications your doctor has prescribed for the hair transplant.
It is a minimally invasive and slightly surgical treatment; some skin damage is obvious. You will have to follow the following instructions during the recovery period:
- Regularly take prescribed medications.
- Do not touch or rub the treatment areas.
- Avoid cigarettes, alcohols, blood-thinners, etc.
- Do not expose the treatment area to the sunlight.
- Sleep in the upright position for the first two nights.
As far as male hair transplant cost is concerned, it is not fixed due to many factors. Actually, pricing is calculated after considering the following factors:
- The number of hair grafts that person needs
- The hair transplant technique that person chooses
- Qualification, experience, and reputation of the surgeon
- Geographic location and service quality of the provider
Consult an Expert
You have read how male hair transplant can restore hair growth on bald areas. If you are a man with bald spots on any area of the scalp or the face, you can try this treatment to get a required level of hair growth naturally. To know more, please speak to our surgeon by booking an appointment.