It is believed that women go through more psychological stress from hair loss than men. They try to hide their hair loss and develop hairstyles to disguise their hair loss. They sometimes spend hours in front of the mirror to look at the hair loss’s intensity. Unfortunately, it is due to the societal pressure that women feel less socially accepted if they have thin hair. Our society has made them believe that women with thin hair or bald scalp are ugly. While most women suffer from hair loss in silence, some look for solutions. Fortunately, we have practical solutions like a hair transplant for women Dubai to counter the hair loss problem in females.
- 1 Causes of Hair loss
- 2 Diagnosis of Hair loss
- 3 Treatment of Hair loss
- 4 Are you a candidate for a hair transplant for women Dubai?
- 5 Types of Hair Transplant
- 6 Choosing the Hair Transplant Technique
- 7 Pre-Operative Measures
- 8 Step by Step Procedure for Female Hair Transplant
- 9 Recovery Period
- 10 Results After the Procedure
- 11 For Eyebrows and Eyelashes
- 12 Our Team of Surgeons
- 13 Free Consultation
Causes of Hair loss
- Although hair loss occurs in both males and females, the causes and patterns of hair loss vary. Some common causes of hair loss are mentioned below:
- Hypothyroidism – It is a thyroid deficiency that causes hair thinning or bald patches.
- Anagen Syndrome – A disease in which the hair sheds before completing its natural growth cycle.
- Hair Shedding – Hormonal changes during pregnancy trigger temporary hair loss, known as hair shedding.
- Androgenetic Alopecia – It is hereditary hair loss that forms a typical hair thinning pattern on the scalp.
- Alopecia Areata – It is patchy hair loss from the scalp and eyebrows.
- Telogen Effluvium – This kind of hair loss is due to any stressful event in life that causes shedding of hair over the entire scalp.
- Trichotillomania – It is a disease in which the person plucks his/her hair in regular or bizarre patterns leading to permanent hair loss.
- Chemical Processing – Chemicals used for coloring the hair can permanently damage the follicles.
- Traction Alopecia – Tight braiding and hairstyles can pull hair resulting in hair loss.
Diagnosis of Hair loss
- Before a doctor recommends a hair implant for ladies, he/she performs a thorough scalp examination. After diagnosing the type of hair loss, he/she will recommend a suitable treatment.
- Hormonal Levels Check – the hormone level is checked for essential hormones like DHEA, testosterone, androstenedione, prolactin, follicular stimulating hormone, and luteinizing hormone.
- Scalp Biopsy – A small section of the scalp is examined under a microscope to know the cause of hair loss.
- Densitometry – A handheld microscopic device used to check miniaturization of the hair shafts.
- Hair Pull – This is a simple test in which the doctor pulls a small amount of hair to check the hair loss. If more than three hairs per pull come out, it’s alarming.
- 2% Minoxidil – Two percent of the Minoxidil solution applied directly on the scalp stimulates hair growth. However, it is not a quick or permanent fix. You can see results after two months of application, and the condition might reverse when you stop using it.
- Vitamins and Nutrients – Establishing a diet with the right amount of proteins and vitamins can help regain hair health.
- Melatonin – Its uses have shown significant results in some women with improvement in hair thinning.
- Hair Transplant – If the hair loss is permanent, the only solution to gain hair is a hair implant for ladies. The procedure is non-invasive and straightforward, requiring transplantation of healthy hair from one part of the scalp to another.
Are you a candidate for a hair transplant for women Dubai?
Usually, women have diffused thinning of hair on the scalp. Due to this, they are not considered good candidates for female hair transplant in Dubai. However, some women suffer from pattern hair loss, which can be treated with a hair transplant.
You are a candidate for a female hair transplant if you:
- are suffering from Traction Alopecia
- have hair loss caused by trauma, such as injury scars, chemical scars, and burn scars
- have distinct pattern baldness, such as crown thinning or receding hairline
- previously undergone cosmetic surgery and want hair around the incisions
Types of Hair Transplant
- Follicular Unit Transplant – This technique requires removing a strip of the skin from the scalp’s back, divided and dissected for graft transplantation.
- Follicular Unit Extraction – This technique removes hair follicles from the scalp, usually from the backside. However, body hair transplant can also be done through this technique.
- Stem Cell FUE – This is like FUE, except a motorized punch tool is used to extract the hair follicles giving extra efficiency to perform the process.
Choosing the Hair Transplant Technique
The decision of the hair transplant technique depends on the following factors:
- The degree of hair loss
- Hair density
- Hair texture
- Customized client needs
Before going for a hair implant for ladies, patients must take care of the following:
- Stop smoking for about three weeks before the surgery.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages for about two weeks before the surgery.
- Blood thinners and aspirin intake should be avoided for at least two to three weeks before the surgery.
Step by Step Procedure for Female Hair Transplant
- Donor Area Preparation – The donor area is shaved and trimmed for the extraction purpose.
- Donor Area Sedation – Local anesthesia is injected into the scalp’s donor area to make it numb, so the patient feels no pain.
- Extraction – This can be done by any of the three hair transplant techniques:
- Follicular Unit Transplant – FUT
- Follicular Unit Extraction – FUE
- Stem Cell FUE
- Grafts Preparation – The extracted grafts are prepared according to the requirements. Usually, a graft containing one to three hairs is used to give a natural look.
- Receptor Area Sedation – Anesthesia is administered into the recipient area to make the patient feel no pain during transplantation.
- Receptor Area Preparation – After injecting local anesthesia into the scalp, tiny incisions are made at the site with specialized needles.
- Graft Insertion – The prepared grafts are inserted into the holes made at the recipient site.
- The downtime period is for two days.
- Typical day to day activities can be carried out after the fourth day.
- Transplanted hair falls out after two weeks, with new hair growth in two months.
- Full hair growth is seen in nine months.
Results After the Procedure
For Eyebrows and Eyelashes
- Eyelash and eyebrows help in defining the frame of the face and have great cosmetic importance.
- Lack of eyebrows and eyelash cause the same kind of distress as caused by scalp hair loss.
The causes of eyelashes and eyebrows loss are the same as mentioned above for the hair loss from the scalp. The procedure used for the restoration of eyebrows and eyelashes is:
- Follicular Unit Extraction
- Stem Cell FUE
Some essential features to keep in mind for eyebrow and eyelash transplantation:
- Cutting of each follicular unit
- Placing the follicles at the proper angle and direction
Our Team of Surgeons
Please fill the form below to get FREE Consultation for hair transplant for women Dubai from our top hair transplant surgeons. Our hair restoration surgeons have the expertise and skills you are looking for in your hair transplant procedure.