I was very excited when I was losing my hair and now that I am almost totally bald, I just love it, Said no man ever! The loss of hair bugs almost everyone at some point in life and it is not fun whatsoever. It takes away all the possibilities of presenting oneself with a different style.
Traditional cover ups mostly consisted of going totally bald which is what people didn’t want in the first place. Others chose toupees that made them unsightly. Some still resorted to wearing a cap or a hat permanently. The people using these tricks knew it was not the solution and it didn’t necessarily look good.
Unlike yesteryear, there are a number of options available that not only address the problem but eradicate it altogether. The best of these options is getting a hair transplant in Dubai. It is the only solution that helps you in growing lost hair which will not go through the hair fall process in future.
To make it even more intriguing, there are plenty of options that are available for people getting a hair transplant in Dubai. Some of these have been around for some time while others have been more recent innovations.
Follicular Unit Transplant (FUT) and Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) are the two most commonly used procedures for hair transplants in Dubai. In recent times, however, a third option, known as the Stem Cell FUE has also emerged on the scene and has taken the world by a storm.
All three of these options provide excellent results. There are subtle differences in the processes through which they performed. In order to understand that best option for a given person, we must first understand these three procedures and learn about their advantages as well as disadvantages at the same time.
Follicular Unit Transplant (FUT)
FUT has been around for the longest time of the lot. The fact that it is still used extensively despite of newer and lesser invasive procedures being available tells the tale of its success. FUT is also known as the strip method.
The procedure starts with the administration of local anesthesia. A long strip of scalp is cut from the donor site, most often the back of the head. The area is then sutured. The strip is divided into follicular units ranging from single hair to up to four hair depending on where the follicle will be grafted. This process takes place under a stereo microscope and is known as dissection.
After the dissection, the follicular units are inserted into specially made incisions in the recipient area. These are placed one at a time to ensure that the best possible results are obtained. Certain post-operative care and rest is needed once the process is complete.
- The success rate is quite high in this procedure and hair grow completely in about one year’s time.
- It is a relatively cheaper option in comparison with other hair transplant procedures.
- Good planning allows for the desired results to be acquired without much fuss.
- It leaves a linear scar at the donor site which can be covered with hair.
- The recovery time can be two weeks or more. Post-operative care is crucial to avoid infections.
- Some of the follicles are damaged during dissection and while being stored in saline solution during the process.
- Extra sessions may be required to cover larger bald areas.
Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)
FUE is the more modern of hair transplant surgeries. It is preferred by many because of its lesser invasive nature in comparison with FUT.
It follows more or less the same procedure except for how the follicular units are obtained. Instead of cutting out a strip to obtain follicles, the process is done with the help of a pneumatic punch. This way there is little discomfort after the surgery and there are no unsightly linear scars. It also allows for a perfect 1mm follicular unit to be extracted and no dissection is needed. The insertion of grafts is done in the same manner as FUT.
- There are no major scars left at the end of the process.
- Patient takes lesser time to recover from the procedure and lesser post-operative care is needed.
- The success rate is higher than other more traditional methods including the FUT.
- No dissection is needed which has adverse effects on the follicular units.
- Small pinhole scars are left after the procedure though they aren’t easily visible
- The cost of the procedure is a fair bit higher than the FUT.
- The number of units transplanted is limited in each session.
Stem Cell FUE
Also known as the Direct Automated FUE, it is the new kid around the block in the hair transplant industry. With a small twist in the traditional FUE, it allows for better results to be had.
It follows the same procedure as the FUE except for the extraction process which is done with the help of specially designed extraction machines that increase the extraction speed and precision at the same time. The graft is sized from .5mm to .7mm which is perfect for volume. Since the extraction is done quicker and better, the micro grafting technique for insertion of the follicular units also bears better results.
- 100% success rate is achieved.
- Up to 4000 grafts are possible in each session which beats all other procedures.
- An excellent option for greater volume requirements.
- The least invasive procedure with little downtime.
- Scarring is almost nonexistent.
- Minimum shock loss occurs after Stem Cell FUE.
- The cost of the procedure is quite high when compared to other hair transplants in Dubai such as FUT or FUE.
Our pre-operation instructions for FUE and FUT must be followed by the treatment candidate. Some of the guidelines include:
- Do not use aspirin and blood-thinners.
- Do not smoke cigarettes and drink alcohol.
- Keeping taking the prescribed medication regularly.
All three options have plenty of good about them and some issues as well at the same time. It greatly depends on what a person prefers.
For those, the most important factor is how much the process costs while offering reasonably good results, FUT is a fantastic option.
If the goal is to achieve the best value at a reasonable cost and great results, FUE is perfect.
If the monetary side counts for little and the idea is to have the best possible results, there shouldn’t be a second thought about opting for the Stem Cell FUE.
Our surgeons try their best to avoid risks and complications. It is important to contact the surgeon at the earliest in case of any compilations. In case of any confusion, please do not hesitate to contact us.