Beard transplant have become quite popular over the last few years. More and more men are seeking surgical beard restoration to fill the bald patches in beard and maintain thick stubble. Ability to grow beard primarily depends on your genes. Some are naturally blessed with thick, bushy beard while others struggle hard to fill the bald patches in beard. If you are also trying hard to grow stubble, stop wasting your time and money, and get a beard transplant today.
Preparing well is the key to a successful beard transplant. So, if you are planning to undergo surgical hair restoration in the near future to get a thick and full beard, here is a guide explaining in detail how to prepare for beard transplant. Follow the instructions below to make sure you prepare well for the surgery:
Four Weeks before Beard Transplant:
- Start performing skin stretching exercises as recommended by the surgeon.
- Stop trimming hair at the back of the scalp in a bid to maintain an adequate length of hair – about an inch.
- Protect yourself against allergies and infections. Immediately inform your doctor if you get one.
Two Weeks before Beard Transplant:
- Discontinue hair loss medication, if you are using any. These mostly include Minoxidil and Finasteride.
- Stop taking blood thinners and anti-inflammatory medicines containing aspirin or its derivatives.
- Stop consuming multi-vitamins as well as herbal supplements, as they also have blood-thinning characteristics.
- If you are on any blood pressure or diabetes medication, don’t forget to discuss it with your surgeon.
- If you are a smoker, quit smoking at least two weeks prior to the surgery. Smoking can hinder the quick healing and growth of transplanted hair.
One Week before Beard Transplant:
- Say goodbye to alcohol and drugs. Consuming alcoholic beverages can have similar effect as that of smoking.
- Continue your regular medicines, but only after discussing with your doctor.
- Don’t use Beta Blockers for one week before and after surgery. Your surgeon will prescribe you some alternative medicine.
- Fill your prescriptions. Also have your tests performed and results forwarded to the clinic at least a week before the surgery.
One Day before Beard Transplant:
- Confirm your appointment a day prior to the surgery, despite the fact it is schedule for the next day.
- Make arrangements for someone to take you to and from the clinic because driving immediately after the surgery is strictly prohibited.
- Take a thorough bath on the night before the surgery and wash your beard with prescribed antiseptic shampoo.
- Prepare your clothes that you will wear to the clinic for the procedure. It should be some loose-fitted button-down shirt or a zipper with comfortable trouser.
- Avoid indulging in strenuous exercises during the last 24 hours.
On The Day of Beard Transplant:
- Have a healthy breakfast but don’t take tea and coffee
- Don’t put on creams, lotions and all other cosmetic products.
- Report to the clinic on time.
- Don’t bring valuables and extra cash to the clinic.
- Your doctor may ask to take some antibiotic capsule one hour prior to the surgery. If so, follow your surgeon’s instructions.
Follow these instructions and stay assured your beard transplant surgery will be a huge success. Following your surgeon’s post-operative instructions is equally important for a successful surgery and speedy recovery.
Schedule a FREE CONSULTATION:
To know more about beard hair transplant and the pre-op instructions, contact Hair Transplant Dubai Clinic now. We also offer FREE CONSULTATIONS to our esteemed clients. To earn a free consultation, fill the form below.