A hair transplant is a big decision that requires a lot of thinking and research. Many patients avoid getting it because they are not sure about the results. Different reasons can make someone avoid getting a hair transplant and shock loss is one of them. Shock loss is a phase that happens after a hair transplant. It can make people think that hair transplant surgery has failed. However, it is not the case. In this article, we will explain why shock loss occurs after getting a hair transplant?
We will also share how you can minimize its chances. So, let’s get started.
What is shock loss after hair transplant?
Shock loss after a hair transplant is a natural phenomenon. During this phase, the newly transplanted hair falls out. It can occur both in the donor and in the recipient areas. In some cases, not only the transplanted hair but the original ones also fall out. However, this phase is only temporary and new hair follicles will soon begin growing. Moreover, it doesn’t even affect all patients as only about 5% of patients experience this type of hair shedding.
Causes of Shock Loss:
- The surgeon makes tiny holes or tiny incisions at the donor region for the extraction process. He/she also makes incisions at the recipient area for the implantation process. So, it causes trauma to the scalp muscles on both donor and recipient regions, and shock loss occurs.
During the hair transplantation process, trauma is caused to the scalp muscles and the neighboring hair follicles. It causes the hair follicles to suffer from the hibernation state.
Shock loss can be caused by one of the following reasons:
- It can occur due to extended use of epinephrine, lidocaine, and marcaine.
- Excessive use of local anesthesia in a donor area can also cause shock hair loss.
- Shock loss is mostly caused by getting a strip method or FUT hair transplant.
If you get a hair transplant from an inexperienced surgeon, you have higher chances of shock loss. However, if you get a Micrografting FUE hair transplant in Dubai from an experienced surgeon, your hair transplant is safer.
Does Shock Loss Cause Permanent Hair Loss?
The good news is, shock loss is a temporary phenomenon. Hairs regrow automatically from the affected hair grafts within a couple of months. So, there’s no need to cure it with any medication.
You need to be very careful during and after getting a Micrografting FUE hair transplant in Dubai. Make sure that the newly transplanted hair follicles don’t get damaged. Because once they are damaged, there are very few chances to treat them and help them regrow.
How to Minimize the Risk of Shock Loss?
- Although shock loss is not mandatory in every patient, it still happens for many patients. So, you can follow the below-given tips to minimize the chances of shock loss.
- The level of shock loss depends upon the hair transplant technique used.
- It’s mostly caused by the use of FUT or strip method hair transplant.
- In FUT hair transplant, cutting off a strip of hair-bearing skin and stitching are involved. It causes trauma to the scalp.
- These factors can also cause trauma to the neighboring hair follicles.
- But if you want to minimize the risk of shock loss, get a Micrografting FUE hair transplant in Dubai.
Medications to Minimize Shock Loss Chances
There are some medications which help in the process of hair regrowth like:
- Minoxidil (Rogaine)
- Propecia (Finasteride)
But before using any medication, you should consult your surgeon. These medications may not work for everyone and especially for decreasing the chances of hair transplant shock
The best way to avoid shock loss is by getting an FUE hair transplant. That way, automatically, you will have the least chances of shock loss.
Micrografting FUE Hair Transplant:
Micrografting is an advanced hair transplantation technique. Professional surgeons mostly recommend it because it poses the least risk of hair transplant shock loss. During the procedure, an automated punch tool is used for hair follicle extraction in a quick and accurate manner. It provides natural-looking and permanent results in a guaranteed period. No one will be able to distinguish between your natural hair and transplanted hair.
Shock loss cases are temporary. So, don’t worry if you are experiencing shock loss after getting a Micrografting FUE hair transplant in Dubai. Typically, it lasts for about three months and then recovers on its own when hair regrowth starts.
Before getting a Micrografting FUE hair transplant in Dubai, make sure that the clinic is authentic. Moreover, only choose a surgeon with years of experience in the hair transplant field.