Hair Transplant is a simple and safe surgery used for permanent hair restoration in bald patches. The procedure involves taking out healthy, balding resistant hair grafts from an area with denser growth and planting them in an area with minimum or no hair growth. The area from where hairs are extracted is called donor site while the area that receives the grafts is known as recipient site. Usually, back and sides of the scalp serve as donor area and frontal hairline and crown area are the recipient sites.
Although hair transplant is a simple surgery, it is a highly technical procedure that is performed only by highly skilled professionals, who have specialized in surgical hair restoration. Finding an experienced board-certified hair transplant surgeon is the first step towards a successful hair transplant. There are several other factors as well that must be considered to make your hair transplant surgery a success.
Criteria of a good hair transplant
Although the criteria of a good hair transplant primarily addresses the hair transplant surgeons, the candidates should also know, so that they could better understand how their doctor can help them restore a natural-looking hairline. Listed below are some characteristics that show whether a hair transplant is done carefully or not.
- Frontal hairline must be at an appropriate place. A hairline placed too high or too low not only looks odd but also makes the result of hair transplant clearly visible. Most patients often undergo a second hair transplant to correct unnatural looking hairline.
- Thickness and size of the hairline must match the thickness and size of a naturally occurring hairline. Your hairline should not be too thick or two light.
- Transplanted hair must be placed in the right direction. Every hair on your hair has a different direction. The surgeon must take care of it while preparing recipient site.
- Scars, which appear in case of FUE, on the donor area must be of pinhole size and easily camouflaged with a buzz cut or a minimum of 0.5 inch hair growth.
- Density of transplanted hairs must match the density of hairs already present in that area.
One common mistake that many inexperienced surgeons and sometimes skilled cosmetic surgeons as well, make is that they recreate the hairline at a position which looks quite natural in youthful years of the patient. But as the patient ages and the hair loss progresses, it begins to look quite unnatural and artificial. So, not only the timing of surgery but also the expertise of the surgeon performing the surgery that play a key role in determining the success of a hair transplant.
Your hairs are certainly a precious gift for you. They add a certain pleasant appearance to your personality which you realize only after losing them. Start taking care of your hair today before it is too late.
Schedule a FREE CONSULTATION:
If you are interested in a Hair Transplant in Abu Dhabi or you have any queries and concerns, feel free to contact our experts now. To book a FREE CONSULTATION, fill the form below and we will get back to you soon.