Medicines slow down the process of hair loss and encourage the growth of new hair follicles. But the problem is that they need to be taken regularly to see the change in hair density. Once you stop the intake of medicine the hair loss returns.
Medicines used to treat hair loss include:
- Minoxidil known as Rogaine is present as foam that can be directly applied on the scalp. This is easily available and can be purchased without doctor’s prescription. It has to be applied twice a day to see the hair growth.
- Finasteride known as Propecia is in the pill form and it is not prescribed to women due to its side effects. It is taken once a day and has the factors top stimulate hair growth and slow down the hair fall.
What is Alopecia Areata?
It is the disease where the immune system attacks its own hair follicles. There are different types of Alopecia Areata,
- Circumscribed Alopecia Areata: It is a round oval bald patch at the scalp.
- Localised Alopecia Areata: It is more than one patch on the scalp.
- Localized Alopecia Stretching from one area to the other and it usually leads to total alopecia.
- Total Alopecia Areata: This the total loss of hair on the scalp.
- Loss of hair from the scalp, eyelashes, eyebrows and facial hair.
- Diffuse Alopecia Areata: It is common in people who suffer from Androgenetic alopecia.
Usually, Alopecia Areata starts with small bald patches with common sites such as scalp and beard. The hair is lost in short period of time and sometimes it’s so sudden that all hair can be lost overnight. The hair surrounding the affected area from Alopecia Areata are narrower and closer to the root. This disease also brings along the psychological effects such as depression and low confidence to interact.
Medicines used for Alopecia Treatment in Dubai are
- Corticosteroid Injection: It is used to treat patchy hair loss in adults. About 1 cm of corticosteroids is injected into the scalp with a gap of four weeks.
- Corticosteroid Ointment: These are creams that can be applied on the scalp. These can be applied along injecting certain steroids or hair growth or with medicines such as Minoxidil.
- Corticosteroid Pill: It is also present in the pill form. Although it does promise hair growth but is not prescribed due to its side effects.
- Corticosteroid Immune Therapy: It helps trigger and allergic reaction on the scalp which can result in stimulation of hair follicles.
Treatment of Alopecia Areata with PRP:
It is the treatment where a small amount of blood is taken from the scalp and placed in a centrifuge. The process of centrifugation isolates the blood plasma that is highly rich in platelets. This solution is then activated by the calcium chloride ions which stimulates the stem cells in the hair follicle. They also add to the healing power at topical level. It is a painless treatment and the session lasts about thirty to forty minutes. The results are immediate and after two-three sessions, amazing results can be achieved.
Alopecia Treatment in Dubai with FUE Hair Transplant:
FUE hair transplant in Dubai can be applied to the affected areas. Many people who are selected for this have a small defined area.
It is the safe surgical treatment that is carried out by the surgeon extracting healthy hair follicles. If the scalp does not have sufficient hair follicles then the hair follicles can be extracted from any part of the body such as chest or legs but they have to match the hair type of the affected area.
It should always be carried out by detailed information about the nature of Alopecia Areata and the fact that it may occur in the future in some other region or in any predictable manner. So the patient must be aware of the results of the treatment by FUE.