Excessive hair loss is an alarming condition as it’s the signpost of any medical condition. Your hair loss can be triggered due to certain factors like severe illness, poor diet, stress, insufficient sleep or medical disorder such as anaemia, lupus, Vitamins deficiency etc, these can disturb your natural hair growth cycle.
There are 4 stages of hair growth cycle:
- Anagen or hair re-growing phase is the 1st stage of your hair regrowth cycle which lasts for 2-6 years
- Catagen phase is the 2nd stage of your hair regrowth cycle which lasts for 2 weeks.
- Telogen or the resting phase is the 3rd stage of your hair regrowth cycle which lasts for 1-4 months.
- Exogen phase is the last stage of your hair regrowth cycle in which your hair falls out.
Losing 50-100 hair follicles is totally normal but if you are losing more than 100 hair follicles then it represents your prolonged Telogen phase. Which needs your attention and an appropriate hair loss therapy to cure it.
The most common type of hair loss is Telogen Effluvium, in which you lose a lot of hair from all over your scalp but there’s no visible bald spot.
Telogen effluvium is caused due to the physical, emotional or psychological stress such as pregnancy, surgery, severe illness, medication heavy smoking or drinking.
Poor diet, anxiety and insomnia are also the factors which contribute in causing the Telogen effluvium. It can be suppressed if all these factors are treated in time.
Visit the Hair Specialist:
Visiting hair specialist is a must, if you have started observing excessive hair loss. It may not be a minor issue because excessive hair loss can indicate a serious problem within your body or in your lifestyle.
If you are thinking to try, some famous home remedies then avoid doing so. As self-diagnosis and self-medication can endanger your health by causing serious side effects such as scaring, infections, irritation, soreness, inflammation etc.
Trichologist at the Hair Transplant Centre:
Arrange a consultation with the trichologist at the hair transplant centre, as soon as you spot your hair shedding more than usual. He will examine your hair and scalp thoroughly.
After that, the trichologist may perform some blood tests in order to check the hormonal levels in your body which triggered your hair loss.
Blood Test to identify the Cause of Hair Loss:
Most of the time thyroid malfunction, abnormal cortisol levels and excessive androgen hormones levels are checked in women.
If your hair loss is still in its footsteps and it can be reversed by adopting a healthy lifestyle then the trichologist may instruct you to follow these simple, easy but effective tips to fight against your hair loss:
Tips to Fight your Hair Loss:
- You need to increase the intake of protein, minerals, zinc, iron, calcium, magnesium, Vitamin B and C enriched foods such as lean poultry, vegetables, fruits, lean beef, fish, beans, nuts, cheese, egg whites etc.
- Be careful while brushing your hair. Always use a wide-toothed comb to untangle your hair.
- Abstain from using heating hair styling tools like the dryer, flat iron and curlers.
- Stop using colour chemicals on your hair like bleaching, striking etc.
- Don’t use hair setting products such as gels, creams, sprays and waxes.
- Once a week, gently massage coconut, almond or olive oil on your scalp and hair to improve the blood circulation and hair regrowth process.
- You also have to try and reduce your stress levels to fight against hair loss.
But if your hair loss severity has reached its advance stages then the trichologist may recommend you to get a PRP therapy in Dubai from the hair transplant clinic.
PRP therapy is platelet rich plasma extracted from the patient’s own blood. It helps in the stimulation of the hair follicles tissues to speed up your hair regrowth process. This therapy is also helpful in the activation of the inactive, weak and damaged hair follicles.