There are many rumors and many people have a fear that their transplanted hair will fall out. If you are also a victim of hair loss and decided to opt for a hair transplant surgery then this point may have been running through your mind.
What Makes a Hair Transplant Successful?
You might be confused that what are the Steps for a Successful Hair Transplant. Well, it’s hard to tell because thousands of people, women, and men all around the world get a hair transplant surgery but what exactly differentiates between a successful hair transplant with good results and a botched hair transplant with bad results.
Here are the steps that need to be taken into consideration during any hair transplant procedure.
Steps for a Successful Hair Transplant:
- Fulfils all the conditions of a good candidate to opt for a hair transplant
- Following the pre-surgical care instructions of a hair transplant surgery
- Choosing Healthy hair grafts from your donor area
- Natural implantation of extracted hair follicles and your natural hair regrowth pattern
- Minimal scarring at the donor and recipient regions
- Properly following the post-surgical care instructions of a hair transplant procedure
1. Fulfils all the Conditions of a Good Candidate to Opt for a Hair Transplant:
The hair transplant surgeon will gather some information about you, like:
- He will ask you about your age
- He will ask you about your hair loss family history
- Any medical disorder that you are suffering from
- Or if you are using any kind of prescribed medications.
After getting the history about these questions, the hair transplant surgeon will then examine your scalp including your donor and recipient regions.
And in the end, if you are:
- above 20 years of age
- you aren’t suffering from any medical condition
- you aren’t using any kind of prescribed medications
- and most important thing if your donor hair supply is sufficient to cover your baldness stricken areas
2. Follow the Pre-surgical Care instructions of a Hair Transplant Surgery:
After your confirmation of the eligibility to get a hair transplant, the hair transplant surgeon will then recommend you to follow some pre-surgical care instructions of a hair transplant procedure. Including:
- Try not to take blood thinners at least two weeks before getting a hair transplant surgery.
- Quit smoking.
- Stop the consumption of alcohol and alcoholic beverages at least a week before getting the procedure.
- Start taking the prescribed medications both painkillers and antibiotics in advance, according to the recommendation of the trichologist.
3. Choosing Healthy Hair Grafts from your Donor Areas:
It may seem well-organized by packing as many hair follicles as possible in a small recipient area. But this will block the supply of blood to your scalp.
The hair transplant surgeon should just pick up the healthy hair grafts and must leave behind some of the healthy hair follicles at your donor region of the scalp.
4. Natural Implantation and your Natural Hair Regrowth Pattern:
In past times, patients who opt a hair transplant surgery complained about the direction of their transplanted hair. Because their hair was implanted in straight rows across the scalp. And hair doesn’t grow that way.
Hair has its own growth patterns that’s why hair transplant surgeon will make tiny incisions in the recipient area of your scalp according to the direction of your hair regrowth.
5. Minimal Scarring at your Donor and Recipient Regions:
Whether it’s a single strip scarring due to FUT hair transplant procedure or dozens of tiny scars due to FUE hair transplant.
Whenever the hair follicles are extracted from your donor areas or implanted to your recipient areas, scars will be formed.
That’s why hair transplant surgeon keep in mind during the hair follicles implantation and extraction process of a hair transplant surgery, that the scars should be tiny and unnoticeable at both recipient and donor regions. So that you will be able to hide them with your existing hair.
6. Follow the Post-Surgical Care Instructions of a Hair Transplant Procedure:
The hair transplant surgeon will recommend you to follow some post-surgical care instructions of a hair transplant procedure, like:
- Try not to wash your head.
- Sleep in an upright position and keep your head alleviated.
- Avoid touching your scalp unnecessarily for at least 3 days.
- Quit smoking
- Avoid drinking alcoholic beverages
- avoid going in the direct sunlight
- Do not massage your scalp for at least one month.
- Use cold compressions to lessen swelling.
- Avoid the daily activities which cause sweating because sweating is really harmful after you get a hair transplant.
- Follow all the post-surgery instructions and take all the prescribed medicines.
If you are experiencing hair thinning, hair loss, baldness or have a high hairline and already consulted a hair transplant surgeon at Hair Transplant Dubai Clinic. Then it’s a positive step towards the treatment of your hair loss in time.
Well, you just have to follow the pre and post-surgical care instructions prescribed by the hair transplant surgeon and get a hair transplant surgery from Hair Transplant Dubai Clinic.
And forget about the rest…!!!
Hair Transplant Centre:
Because the hair transplant surgeons at Hair Transplant Dubai Clinic have many years of expertise in the hair restorative field and they are board certified that’s why they perform hair transplant surgeries effectively.
They have knowledge about the proper handling of hair follicles like:
- How to administer local anesthesia at donor and recipient sites carefully
- How to extract hair follicles from the donor areas
- How to make tiny incisions in the recipient region on the right locations at proper angles
- How to implant hair follicles in the tiny incisions at the recipient areas
So by following these steps, you will be able to get a successful hair transplant surgery with better results in a short span of time.