Hair loss is a common problem worldwide. It affects men and women alike. Several reasons can cause hair loss, and knowing the underlying cause is essential. It is crucial to know the exact cause because a hair transplant is not the correct solution for all hair loss problems. However, in most cases, hair transplant is the only option as no other treatment works. Some people need hair transplantation, but they are not 100% sure about this treatment. For them to consider hair transplant as a solution to hair loss, it is crucial to make them understand its benefits.
So, in this article, we have shared valuable information that everyone, who isn’t too sure about hair transplant in Dubai, needs.
What is a hair transplant?
In the simplest terms, a hair transplant involves taking hair from one part of the body and implanting them on another.
One of the most common cosmetic procedures is a hair transplant. In this procedure, a surgeon harvests hair follicles from a particular part of the patient’s scalp. Mostly, the hair is taken from the backside of the scalp, which is known as the donor site. However, sometimes, we can harvest hair from other parts of the body, too.
The hair is taken from the backside of the scalp because these are the least affected by male pattern baldness.
After harvesting the hair, the doctor will then transplant them into the bald spots on the scalp.
The harvesting techniques differ in different types of transplants. Moreover, only healthy hair follicles are transplanted as they have better chances of regrowing.
Types of Hair Transplant
Hair transplant in Dubai is performed using two popular techniques. These include:
Difference between FUE and FUT
The difference lies in the manner of harvesting hair follicles.
In Follicular Unit Transplant (FUT), the surgeon removes a linear strip of skin from the donor site. Then, he/she extracts individual follicles from the skin strip. After obtaining enough follicles, the surgeon will transplant them in the bald spots.
The benefits of FUT is that the hair follicles transplanted using this method have a better chance of surviving. However, it has a downside, too. It leaves a large scar at the back of the head. This scar is visible if you keep short hair.
On the other hand, in Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE), the surgeon extracts hair follicles from the donor site individually. He/she uses a medical device to one by one harvest enough hair follicles for transplant. When enough follicles are extracted, the surgeon will transplant them on bald spots.
The most significant benefit of this method is that it doesn’t leave a large scar. Instead, it leaves several tiny scars that become invisible after healing.
Hair Transplant – A Solution for Hair Loss
Some people have reservations against hair transplant. But, the fact is, if you choose an expert professional for the transplant, there are minimal chances of something going wrong. With their experience, they will provide you with your desired results. Moreover, a hair transplant performed by an expert yields more natural-looking results.
While a hair transplant can solve hair loss problems, it should not be considered a miraculous treatment. It can only provide what’s possible. So, before getting a transplant, the patient should be mentally prepared for realistic results.
Keep the following points in mind before getting a hair transplant:
- The hair may continue thinning even after a transplant. It is common in patients with DHT sensitivity. Their hairs continue to fall out because they have a genetic susceptibility towards DHT. So, find out about this condition before getting a transplant.
- Other treatments are also available besides hair transplant. Some doctors may recommend using medications like Finasteride and Minoxidil before suggesting a transplant. So, explore all options before deciding.
- Some scarring is mandatory in hair transplants. So, ask questions from your doctor before choosing a technique.
- The experience and practice of the surgeon have a considerable impact on the transplant results. So, make sure you select a professional surgeon for the job; otherwise, you may end up with unnatural results.
- Keep realistic expectations from the procedure. A hair transplant cannot create new hair. It will use what you already have, and that may stimulate new hair growth.
- If you have any diseases or a previous history of transplants, discuss them with your doctor.
- Some side effects, like swelling, redness, and inflammation, are natural after a transplant.
- If any side effect persists for more than a week, consult your doctor immediately.
Is hair transplant safe?
Generally, hair transplants don’t pose any serious threat to the patient’s health. The FDA has approved the procedure. So, if a qualified and experienced plastic surgeon performs it, it goes smoothly.
However, how patients react to the procedure is dependent on their physical and medical conditions. The recovery period is different for each individual, as no two people have the same healing abilities.
A common risk associated with hair transplants is infection. It can happen during or after the procedure at the injection site or harvest sites. It is a common side effect, but it doesn’t last for long and goes away on its own.
Some other side effects associated with hair transplants are:
- Excessive bleeding
- Wide scars
- Grafts won’t take
- Allergic reactions
All of these side effects are temporary and subside over time.
Hair Transplant in Dubai
A hair transplant in Dubai is what you need if you have a receding hairline or thinning hair. We have a panel of board-certified dermatologists and surgeons at Hair Transplant Dubai Clinic. If you are in Dubai or nearby and considering getting a hair transplant, then look no further. Our clinic has the best surgeons and staff. Moreover, our clinic is equipped with the latest technology used for transplants. So, don’t waste your time and schedule a free consultation session TODAY.