Women can have a severe emotional impact of hair loss. It reduces self-esteem and negatively affects their quality of life. It has been noted that the hair loss sufferers face depression, low self-esteem and less frequent and enjoyable social engagement which can lead to low work performance, bad behavior and unhealthy living. However, hair loss in men is treated normally as compared to hair loss in women. Bald women are seen as unattractive and ugly. Society judges women on their physical appearance which includes their hair.
Causes of hair loss in women
There are many causes that can trigger the hair loss in women. They are:
- Age – It is among one of the causes of thinning hair in women. As we age, the hair follicle stops making melanin and the hair starts to gray out and also due to hereditary reasons the hair follicles become weak and after sometimes fall out.
- Stress – Stress can be caused by any uneventful event in a person’s life. Stress causes changes in the diet routine and which then leads to hair loss. High levels of stress can restrict the oxygen and vitamins supply to the hair by constricting the capillaries blood supply. This results in no development and growth of new hair and the existing hair to fall out.
- Diet – It is one of the important factors of hair loss. Rapid weight loss due to crash diet results in hair loss. The body needs proper proportions of proteins, vitamins, and minerals if any of the essential nutrient intakes is reduced than the body cuts the supply of it to the hair to provide it to other body parts for functioning. Also, a diet that contains an excessive amount of animal fat is not good for the health of hair as it absorbs the vitamins that are provided to the hair follicles.
- Health – People who face thyroid problems often go through hair loss as well as autoimmune illness such as lupus. Certain medications such as chemotherapy directly affect the hair. Certain contraceptive pills and anti-depressants also lead to hair loss in women.
- Over styling – Using chemicals or hair styling products that heat up the hair are also one of the causes of hair loss in women. Styling that requires tight weaving pulls the hair out and make them weak.
Dealing with hair loss
Various women treat hair loss by covering it up with wigs, hats, scarves or hair extensions. Some may deal with it by getting the medical prescription from doctors or surgical treatments such as women hair transplant in Dubai which is an everlasting answer to hair loss.
Women hair transplant in Dubai procedure requires the extraction of hair follicles from the areas that have healthy hair to be transplanted to the areas of balding.
The two most common types of hair transplant techniques are FUE and FUT. Both the procedures are same except the extraction process. FUT requires the strip of hair to be removed from the back of the scalp and the hair follicles are taken out from it but FUE requires the extraction of hair follicles from donor region directly.
Some important things to know before a women hair transplant in Dubai are
- Stop taking blood thinners and anti-depressant’s before a week of the surgery. As intake of them will increase the risk of bleeding.
- Stop smoking a week before the hair transplant as it would reduce the healing time.
Visit our clinic to get a free consultation from our specialists who will not only guide you but also look in depth of the whole condition of your hair loss to provide you with best results.
Please follow and like us: