Male pattern hair loss is a hereditary phenomenon affecting millions of men around the globe. Two third of men suffer from this problem on reaching the age of 35. While at the age of 50, 85% of men face male pattern hair loss.
Male pattern hair loss is also known as “Androgenic Alopecia.” This kind of hair loss happens as hormone level changes with age. In the start, hairline starts to recede and with the passage of time covers the whole scalp resulting in complete baldness. It needs to be tackled at a very early stage to avoid complete baldness.
Treatment Options for Male Pattern Hair Loss
Several treatment procedures are carried out to treat “Male Pattern Hair Loss,” but we are going to list down the most effective available methods to treat this form of hair loss.
Minoxidil is an FDA approved hair growth medicine for hair loss treatment and is one of the most conventional treatments for Androgenic Alopecia (Male Pattern hair loss).
- It stimulates hair follicles and is applied directly to the scalp.
- Continuous medication is needed to slow down the hair loss.
- Once the medication intake is stopped, the hair loss will return.
- Many side effects are associated with the intake of Minoxidil are blurred vision, faintness, irregular heartbeat and dizziness.
- Finasteride is an oral prescription pill and somehow more efficient than Minoxidil. It prevents the free testosterone to be converted into DHT.
- Finasteride requires continuous use to stay useful for a long time. Otherwise, once you quit it, hair loss will return the same way before.
- There are some side effects associated with this pill which include swelling, laziness, dizziness, weight gain and erectile dysfunction.
Hair Transplant is the surgical technique in which hair follicles are removed from the non-balding area and transplanted on to the baldness stricken areas. An expert surgeon with special care does the procedure. The results produced by a hair transplant are long-lasting and more efficient than the above techniques.
FUE Hair Transplant for male pattern baldness
FUE is one of the two primary hair transplant techniques and is the most effective one. In FUE hair transplant, hair follicles from the baldness resistance (Donor area) area are removed with the help of punching tool, then placed in the recipient area where the baldness occurs. Local Anesthesia is administered at the donor to make the procedure painless.
Who is suitable for FUE Hair Transplant?
No doubt about the effectiveness of the FUE hair transplant but it may not be suitable for you if.
- You have an insufficient amount of hair at donor area
- You still have dense hair and the hair extraction process is difficult at donor area
- You are a diabetic patient and cannot control your sugar levels.
How long will the results last?
Since a hair transplant surgery uses balding resistant follicles, they maintain this quality even at their new site and do not fall out. Therefore, you must not worry about your new hair, as they are going to stay there for the rest of your life. However, like other hairs on your head, they may fall out, as it is part of hair growth cycle, but new hair will grow out from the same follicle, and the supply of hair would be replenished.
Best Hair Transplant in Dubai
Hair Transplant Dubai clinic is serving its valuable clients for more than 15 years. FUE hair transplant in Dubai is done with all the latest techniques and mechanisms under the supervision of the most senior surgeons. Feel free to book our free consultation so that we examine your scalp condition and recommend the best suitable procedure for you.