Since hair transplantation could be a smart choice for nearly ninety % of the hairless men, women assume that they’ll also be a good hair transplant candidate, however this can be typically not the case. Only a few women have the sort of hair loss that will make them suitable candidate for hair transplant, and that is because most women suffer from diffuse hair loss. The areas that act as donor site for men are the regions where women suffer hair loss. It’s from these donor sites in men that the hair is removed for hair transplantation in different regions of scalp. In men, the donor sites are stable sites, which suggests that the hair and follicles in those areas aren’t tormented by the DHT that shrinks follicles.
In feminine pattern baldness, however, these donor sites are typically unstable. The donor sites in women are tormented by follicle-killing DHT, means that if you take away hair and related follicles from these donor areas in women and transplant them to different areas, they will simply fall out.
Another distinction between male and feminine pattern baldness is that the frontal hairline. Unlike men, women experiencing hair loss still have frontal hairline and they don’t need to worry about a hair transplant to frame their face rather are more concerned for hair loss suffered at back region of the scalp. Women hair transplant Dubai, do not extend the volume of hair but simply moves hair from one place to a different.
Patterns of female alopecia
- Diffused thinning of hair on the entire scalp and more particularly at the back of the scalp.
- Diffused thinning of hair on the entire scalp and more noticeably at the front but not the frontal hair line
- Diffused thinning of hair on the entire scalp and particularly with hair loss from the front and frontal hair line.
Not a Candidate for women hair transplant Dubai
- Women with diffused hair loss are not good candidates for hair transplant as all the scalp is suffering from hair loss.
- Women who don’t have sufficient sites to donate hair follicles to the recipient region.
- Women who are scared to have scars on the scalp are not suitable for a surgical hair restoration.
Suitable for Hair restoration
- Women who have a patterned baldness like men.
- Women who suffer from hair loss due to non-hormonal changes.
- Women who have previously got hair transplant and are concerned about hair loss around the transplanted hair region.
Examination of the cause before the women hair transplant Dubai
Firstly a proper consultation is a must to diagnose the hair fall problem. The procedure includes certain blood tests and reviewing them to know the actual reason behind the hair fall. If there is hormonal imbalance then medications are provided to treat the problem. If the tests allow for the hair transplant, then donor and recipient area are examined for the requirements of hair follicles to be transplanted.
There are basically two types of surgical hair restoration methods available for women hair transplant Dubai. Strip method known as the Follicular Unit Transplant (FUT) and Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE).
There are different pros and cons of both the methods, however a final decision can only be made after examining the scalp of the patient.
When the decision has been made for the procedure for the specific hair transplant then pre-operative measures are done and a medical history report is taken into consideration.