ACell is the latest development in stem cell therapy that uses a specially developed and manufactured protein for management of wounds, trauma injuries, burns and different types of external ulcers, including pressure and diabetic ulcers. It is completely resorbable extracellular matrix that is rich in collagens and proteins. It works by creating an epithelial basement membrane which ultimately aids wound healing. Doctors have long been using it to speed up healing process and enhance results of major surgeries. But it was only until recently that hair transplant surgeons started using ACell Treatment to enhance outcomes of surgical hair restoration.
Difference Between ACell/ PRP therapy & Hair Transplant with PRP ACell Treatment:
ACell/PRP therapy is a well known, non-surgical hair restoration technique. The procedure involves administering a mixture of ACell’s MatriStem and the Platelet Rich Plasma, obtained from the patient’s own blood, into the entire scalp, using an injection gun. The ACell/PRP mixture works by strengthening miniaturized hair follicles and stimulating adult stem cells. This ultimately allows robust hair growth.
On the other hand, in case of Hair Transplant with ACell PRP Treatment, the surgeon first performs hair transplant surgery in a usual way, using either of the three commonly used methods – Strip Method Transplant, Follicular Unit Extraction and Stem Cell FUE. After surgery a mixture of ACell and PRP is injected into the subcutaneous tissues, where hair roots are located underneath the skin, to speed up recovery process.
Prepare Well For Your Surgery:
If you want your surgery to be a real success, prepare the best for it. Here are some tips that will help you prepare well for a Hair Transplant Surgery in Dubai.
- No blood thinners: Most of the medicines, both pharmaceutical and homeopathic, and some herbal supplements also, have a blood thinning effect. This ultimately affects the outcome of the surgery by hindering wound healing following the surgery.
- Quit smoking: Smoking affects scalp circulation, which ultimately hinders healing process. Nicotine in cigarettes constricts blood vessels, affecting their ability to supply blood to the scalp and other parts of the body. Limited blood supply hampers growth of newly transplanted follicles.
- Say no to alcohol: Alcoholic beverages should be avoided during the last 3-5 days prior to the surgery. They have a similar effect as that of smoking – delayed wound healing and poor hair growth.
Take Care Of Your Scalp:
Surgeon’s job ends as soon as you are done with the surgery. After that the outcome of the transplant lies in your hands. Take care of your scalp if you want that the transplanted follicles grow to their fullest.
- Avoid Washing Scalp: Don’t wash your scalp for 36 to 48 hours following the surgery. Being too hasty can dislodge the freshly transplanted follicles.
- Take Prescribed Medicines: Take all the medicines as prescribed by the surgeon. Don’t miss even a single one. They are all to help you manage the pain and discomfort, and to heal quickly.
- Don’t Rub Or Scratch The Scalp: Rubbing and scratching the scalp is strictly prohibited, no matter how strong the urge to scratch is. Applying cold compressions can help relieve the symptoms.
Applications of ACell PRP Hair Loss Treatment:
ACell’s MatriStem promotes rapid remodeling and healing of injured scalp tissues. It allows for better hair growth from the newly transplanted hair follicles and minimizes risk of damage. It has also been clinically proven to improve appearance of donor area scars, especially the prominent linear scar resulting from strip method transplant. ACell Treatment is also used to grow hair in a previous surgical strip scar. The product first repairs the scarred tissues and then the surgeon transplants new hairs in the scar.
Hair Transplant with ACell PRP Treatment in Dubai:
If you are interested in getting this combination procedure in Dubai, visit Hair Transplant Dubai Clinic today with full confidence and you would not be disappointed.
If you have any queries regarding Hair Transplant + ACell PRP Treatment, book a FREE CONSULTATION now and let our experts guide you.