There are many clinics in Dubai, as well as in other areas of the world, that have introduced their own hair transplant techniques, and DHI Hair Transplant is one among them. DHI stands for Direct Hair Implant. Clinics offering DHI hair transplant in Dubai claim that their technique is the most advanced hair transplant technique available today. According to the clinic, DHI technique does not involve scalpels or stitches. But so does the FUE Hair Transplant! Then what is the difference between these two techniques? Continue reading to know the answer.
What is the difference between FUE and DHI?
FUE (follicular unit extraction) and DHI (Direct Hair Implant) both extract hair follicles one by one, and both methods do not involve cutting or stitching of skin. However, DHI claims to be a little different from FUE. Here are two key differences, as claimed by the DHI:
- Little time difference between graft extraction and plantation: DHI providers claim that they minimize the time a graft remains out of the scalp. By minimizing this time, they try to maximize the survival rate of transplanted grafts, one of the key drawbacks of Follicular Unit Extraction Hair Transplant.
- Recipient site creation: Another cited difference lies in the creation of holes prior to a plantation of grafts. When the surgeon plants hair grafts using FUE, he needs to create tiny holes to place the grafts. However, DHI claims that their advanced tool places the grafts directly without creating holes whatsoever. And if necessary, they prepare site well in advance to minimize the time difference between graft extraction and plantation.
Claimed Benefits of Dhi Technique
- DHI technique claims to have the following benefits.
- Natural results
- Increase the survival rate of transplanted grafts
- Increase the growth rate of transplanted grafts
- Less anesthesia and minimum postoperative medication
Protocol A and Protocol B of DHI hair transplant Dubai
The DHI method offers two protocols. In the case of protocol A, extracted hair follicles are planted immediately after extraction. In the case of protocol B, there is a delay in placement after extraction.
Truth about DHI Hair Transplant Dubai
Although it is quite tempting for an ordinary person to be moved by the benefits of DHI method, it is less convincing for a knowledgeable person. DHI technique is quite similar to the FUE technique. The benefits claimed by DHI technique can be obtained by FUE technique as well. It must be investigated whether the additional cost of this method is justified, or it is just a sales gimmick to charge extra from the client.
It would be fairer if we consider DHI as an attempt to improve FUE procedure, instead of claiming it as a completely new and the best technique in the world.
Schedule a FREE CONSULTATION:
If you are interested in a minimally invasive surgery that is safe and effective, and free of scams, opt for FUE Hair Transplant in Dubai and you would not be disappointed. For further details, book a free consultation now by filling the form below.