One common concern that most of the women who want to have hair transplant share is, would they be able to stylize their transplanted hair just like their natural hair? In fact, it is an important question. What their locks are for if they could not arrange them the way they want them?
Stylize Your Transplanted Hair
Yes, you can definitely stylize your hair they way you want. You can straight, perm or blow dry your transplanted hair without any fear of losing or damaging them. Hair that appears from transplanted hair grafts are just like the rest of your hair from every aspect. They ask same level of maintenance and same degree of care when you want to tie them in a hairstyle. Hair cosmetics like shampoos and conditioners with high concentrations of chemicals and hair stylizing techniques like putting too much pressure on your hair, back combing and excessive blow drying are bad for your hair so, rest assure they are harmful for your transplanted hair as well.
Some Helpful Hair Care Tips:
Some hair care advices that would help you to manage your hair and definitely, your transplanted hair as well are:
- Avoid excessive use of hair care products. Try to choose products which stay closer to nature like herbal shampoos.
- Certain hair styles like very tight ponytails are good in damaging your hair so avoid them. You must avoid some styling techniques that harm to your hair like excessive back combing.
- Massage your scalp with hair oil. Massage helps increasing blood circulation in your scalp and nourishes hair roots. Also, it helps in maintaining an optimum level of oil in your locks.
- Do not rub your hair vigorously with towel and do not use hair dryer on the tips of hair. It would save your hair from developing split ends.
- Take balanced diet enriched with every nutrient that your body needs. It is very necessary for general health of your hair.
Proper hair care routine plays major role in determining the looks and health of your hair. A proper routine which not only avoids any harmful cosmetics but also nourishes hair with right products is something that keeps your hair long, shiny and strong.
Post-transplant Hair Care:
Like all other surgeries, success of hair transplant also depends upon a proper pre- and post-op care. Measures that you take right after the surgery ensure the success of your hair transplant. Some things that you must take into consideration after your hair restoration surgery are:
- Sleep with your head at least 2 pillows high for a few days until your scalp recovers.
- Do not wash your scalp till the 3rd day of your transplant. Visit the clinic on the 3rd day and clinic staff will wash your scalp after removing stitches or staples.
- After that, you will be allowed to wash your scalp however, you will need to be careful while taking bath and washing your scalp. Do not let shower water touch your scalp. Its pressure can dislodge the freshly placed hair grafts. Instead, pour water gently with the help of a bowl and use baby shampoo.
- Avoid smoking cigarettes and cigars and limit the use of coffee and black colas.
Hair transplant is the most favored procedure for the treatment of hair loss issues because it gives hairs which are no less than the rest of your hair by any means. Rather, unlike them transplanted hair stay permanently on your head. If they fall, they appear again from same hair grafts. Do you want to have a hair transplant to reverse your hair loss? Give us a call or book a FREE CONSULTATION by filling the form below.