Hair transplant is a procedure where the strong hair is transplanted to the area with no or thinning hair. The procedure starts by cleaning up the donor area and injecting local anesthesia to make the patient feel no pain.
According to your hair loss, the doctor performs the FUT or FUE technique to extract the hair follicles to transplant to the bald area of the scalp.
If FUT is performed, it requires a strip of hair to be removed from the back of the scalp and the donor area is stitched which are dissolvable. The surrounding cover the stitched area so it doesn’t show. The strip is divided into the required number of grafts. A graft may contain one to four hair. The type of graft depends on the quality of the hair follicles. Color and type of hair also affect the quality of graft.
And if your doctor suggests FUE hair transplant Dubai, then the scalp area which is the donor area is shaved to extract the hair follicles one by one. The extracted hair follicles are inserted into the incisions made into the bald area. The donor area heals and is covered by the surrounding hair.
Except for the extraction process both the procedures are same. Depending on the type of hair transplant you are getting it may take around four to eight hours. Another session can be done if the patient wants greater density than the existing.
Hair transplant in Abu Dhabi is a life changing experience. So you need to choose the surgeon and procedure correctly before you get the procedure done.
Few things you should about hair transplant to avoid any mishap.
- Avoid choosing a surgeon from any yellow pages or recommended by some publicists or posters on the internet on some forum. Make sure you choose a professional surgeon who has a number of years expertise in the field and is willing to understand your whole condition and suggests the best possible solution with no or minimal side effects.
- Do your research on the hair transplant in Abu Dhabi. Discuss with your surgeon and ask them to show you before and after pictures of the patients that they have treated. If possible ask them to make you meet them so you can overcome any fear you have associated with the hair transplant.
- During a hair transplant in Abu Dhabi, make sure the surgeon balances your present and future needs of hair with the availability of the donor hair present, as the balding pattern changes after some time and so does the donor’s hair.
- Depression causes the hair loss, so if a patient faces hair loss due to depression than the surgeon must suggest psychiatric counseling rather a hair transplant in Abu Dhabi. Because it’s important to treat the real cause before the treatment for the effective outcomes of the treatment.
- A week before hair transplant, stop taking blood thinners, antidepressants or any inflammatory drugs that may increase the risk of bleeding. Also, smoking should be avoided as it increases the healing process.
- Minoxidil which is used to treat hair loss should be discontinued a week before the surgery.
- Do not wash or apply gels or any styling product on the hair before the surgery.
- The doctor should make the patient know about the outcome that can be achieved. As in some cases, it may not be according to the patient’s expectations due to the grafts quality or angle of hair growth.