Many people experience hair-related issues, like hair thinning or hair loss, that may lead to balding. A variety of temporary treatments are available for treating hair loss but these treatments only claim to provide desired results. However, they rarely ever deliver and if they do, the results are not long lasting. If you want a permanent solution to avoid wasting your money on temporary treatments, consider FUE hair transplant in Dubai. It is a quick hair transplant that provides permanent results.
Hair transplantation includes surgical and non-surgical procedures. While FUE hair transplant is an effective, non-surgical solution for hair loss, people worry about regrowth after the transplant. According to professional surgeons, hair regrowth can take at least 6 months to become completely prominent and natural. But for that to happen smoothly, patients must follow the post-op care instructions carefully.
In this article, we have shared 5 easy steps to speed up hair regrowth after a transplant. Keep reading to learn more.
5 Steps to Speed up Hair Growth after Hair Transplant
Patients suffering from hair-related problems should consult a trichologist. He/she will examine the scalp meticulously and recommend a suitable treatment or a hair transplant.
After the procedure, the surgeon provides some post-surgical care instructions. If patients follow them, they have better chances to speed up hair growth after hair transplant.
Below, we have mentioned the five steps for speeding up hair regrowth. Continue reading to improve the outcome of your hair transplant.
Step 1 – Medications and Shower
- Only use medications prescribed by the surgeon after getting a hair transplant.
- He/she will ask you to avoid taking a shower or bath for a few days.
- When he allows you to start taking showers, he will recommend using a gentle shampoo. You should only use the prescribed shampoo.
- Try washing the area around the hair follicles very carefully applying the least amount of pressure.
- Rinse your scalp very gently without applying too much pressure. After washing, only pat dry your scalp with a soft towel and never rub it with pressure.
Step 2 – Touching and Itching
- Avoid unnecessarily touching your scalp after getting a hair transplant.
- Slight itching around the transplanted hair is common after a transplant. If you want to get the desired hair transplant growth, avoid scratching the scalp.
Step 3 – Physical Exertion and Sweating
- You have to limit your daily activities that cause sweating after getting a hair transplant.
- Try to avoid all strenuous physical activities that can cause sweating. Avoid excessive walking, jogging, bicycling, hiking, and heavy sports for at least 7 to 10 days.
- The sweat is extremely harmful to the transplanted hair, so try to avoid it as much as possible.
- Whenever going out or in direct sun exposure, cover your scalp with a scarf or a hat.
- All these precautions will help you prevent transplanted hair from falling out of your head.
Step 4 – Eating Healthy Foods
- Increase the intake of healthy diet containing essential nutrients like vitamins, minerals, iron etc.
- Eat antioxidants-rich foods like blueberries, squash, peppers, cherries, and tomatoes.
- Try to avoid the food items that you may be allergic to, like soy, wheat, dairy etc.
- Increase the intake of liquids like shakes and juices. Moreover, drink at least 6 to 8 glasses of water every day.
- Avoid alcohol and alcoholic beverages.
Step 5 – Massaging the Scalp
- After a certain period, the surgeon will recommend you to start massaging your scalp. Your surgeon will recommend you to do so after the transplanted hair has grown to its maximum potential.
- Gently massage your scalp with a mixture of essential oils.
- Mix three drops of rosemary, sage, and peppermint.
- Then, add 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- According to experienced surgeons, these essential herbs help in the stimulation process of new hair growth.
- In the end, apply this mixture of oil to your scalp and massage moderately once or twice each day.
Is sweating bad after hair transplant?
The short answer is yes.
Sweating is not helpful for the newly transplanted hair. It can hinder the regrowth process by causing complications after a transplant. Patients are directed to avoid any type of strenuous physical activities that may cause excessive sweating. Due to excessive sweating, the scalp starts itching more that can lead to severe infections. As a result, the newly transplanted hair follicles are affected. They may become permanently damaged and start falling out.
So, if you live in a hotter environment, you must make sure to keep the scalp as cool as possible. Try staying inside for at least a month after a transplant. Moreover, avoid any type of direct sun exposure and cover your scalp whenever you go out. Also, try to avoid excessive and strenuous physical activities, like heavy workout or running, etc.
Benefits of FUE Hair Transplant
FUE hair transplant has several benefits which make it a preferred choice of doctors and patients, both. Some basic benefits of FUE transplant are given below:
- It is a painless hair transplant procedure.
- It does not leave any visible scars on the scalp.
- Surgery duration is lesser than other transplantation methods.
- The recovery and healing period are quick and pain-free.
- It provides permanent and natural results
- Body hair can also be used in this procedure if patients have less donor hair supply on the scalp.
FUE Hair Transplant in Dubai
Due to many factors, hair related problems are increasing day by day. We are really careless towards our health including hair health. We should eat a healthy diet containing essential nutrients and sleep early if we want to avoid hair-related problems.
These minor details are important to keep the body and hair healthy. If you are still suffering from any hair problem, consider getting an FUE hair transplant in Dubai.
Consider Hair Transplant Dubai Clinic if you are looking for a reliable clinic in Dubai. We offer outstanding services at reasonable rates. You can schedule your appointment by giving us a call or filling our online form.