Well, it’s a fact that a vast majority almost 90% of us suffer from hair loss at some point in our lives. But the most common condition of hair loss is a genetically linked form of pattern hair loss known as Androgenetic alopecia or pattern baldness.
Loss of hair could be due to numerous factors ranging from the temporary or common causes to the more complex or uncommon causes.
Here are 10 not-so-common or un-common reasons that why you might be seeing your falling hair everywhere:
The 10 (Un) Common Causes of Hair Loss:
- You might be losing your hair due to physical trauma or if you have suffered any stressful event like undergoing a surgery, an accident or severe illness.
- Excessive intake of Vitamin A, supplements can also trigger hair loss.
- If you aren’t consuming enough proteins in your diet.
- If you come from a family where your elders started to lose hair at a certain age
- Hypothyroidism may also be the factor which contributes in causing your hair loss.
- Your overactive immune system can be an uncommon condition that can trigger hair loss.
- A sudden weight loss can stress your body and lead to hair loss.
- If you use to take certain medications such as the blood pressure drugs, birth control pills or the anti-depressants, these can also cause hair loss.
- Another un-common reason of your hair loss could be a hair treatment like hot-oil treatment, excessive use of heating tools or the long-lasting chemical hair products.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome leads to the hormonal imbalance in the female sex hormones and can trigger hair loss.
1. Physical trauma:
The physical trauma can really affect your hair regrowth cycle which can trigger your hair loss. But don’t worry, because the good news is that once your body recovers, your hair will start re-growing itself.
2. Excessive intake of Vitamin A:
Over intake of vitamin A can trigger hair loss but once you stop taking excessive Vitamin A supplements then your hair will start re-growing itself.
3. Insufficient intake of proteins:
It’s highly suggested that you should increase the intake of lean meat, fish, eggs, and lentils for the promotion of your hair regrowth.
4. Genetic Hair Loss:
If your elders had a noticeable thinning of hair then you might be more prone to hair loss. so you have to get a hair loss treatment to restore your hair.
You can lose your hair when your thyroid gland is not working. Don’t get panicked because your hair will regrow once your thyroid levels come back to normal.
6. Overactive immune system:
The immune system mistakenly identifies the hair follicles as a foreign and targets it in confusion.
7. Sudden weight loss:
Loss of hair can be due to sudden weight loss. It shows that you are skipping your meals or having eating disorders like bulimia and anorexia. So consult a doctor and get it treated in time. So that you would be able to eat properly and your hair will begin to regrow itself.
8. Intake of certain medications:
It’s an uncommon cause of hair loss but if your doctor determines that which medication is causing your hair loss and substitutes it with other medicine or change the dose of it. Then your hair will regrow again.
9. Hair treatment:
Try not to use heating tools, permanent hair products on a regular basis and also stop getting hair treatments. Over styling, your hair can lead to hair loss so try to limit using your heat driven products to no more than once a week. This will help in re-growing your hair.
10. Polycystic ovary syndrome:
You need to get it treated in time so that your hormones will be again in balance and your hair loss will be reversed automatically.
Types of Hair Loss caused by the 10 (Un) Common Causes:
- Telogen effluvium
- Alopecia areata
- Scarring alopecia
1. Telogen effluvium:
Telogen effluvium (TE) occurs when there is a change in the number of hair follicles in the regrowth phase vs. the inactive phase.
Either external or internal factors lead to stress on the hair follicles causing premature shifting into the resting or Telogen phase and the result is hair shedding.
There could be a number of different physical stressors which can contribute in causing Telogen effluvium, including:
- The natural hormonal fluctuations during the period of pregnancy and menopause
- The crash dieting or physical trauma.
2. Alopecia areata:
Alopecia areata appears to be an autoimmune disease.
And following are its types:
- alopecia totalis, hair loss over the entire scalp
- Alopecia universalizes, hair loss over entire body including eyebrows and eyelashes.
3. Scarring alopecia:
Scarring alopecia is also known as cicatricle alopecia.
There are several forms of scarring alopecia:
- Permanent and irreversible damage of hair follicles and their replacement with scar tissue.
- Small spots of hair loss that may enlarge with the passage of time.
- hair loss is slow, without visible signs, and may progress unobserved for a long time period
- Hair loss may be rapidly progressive and can cause irritating, burning and soreness.
Visit a Trichologist instead of Self-Diagnosis:
If you start observing the early symptoms of hair loss then do consult a trichologist at Hair Transplant Dubai Clinic for proper help instead of wasting your time in self-diagnosis.
Trichologist at Hair Transplant Dubai Clinic:
Visit a trichologist at the hair transplant clinic, he will examine your scalp. And then he will tell you whether you are experiencing hair loss due to common or uncommon reason.
If your hair loss is triggered due to the uncommon causes then he may further recommend you to take some precautionary steps so that you will get better results in short span of time without suffering from side effects. Afterwards, he will also tell you the type and severity of your hair loss.
And in the end, the trichologist may recommend you to get a hair loss treatment Abu Dhabi from the hair transplant clinic.