Do you ever have a feeling that your hair gets thinner in autumn?
Well, you may think that you are just experiencing seasonal hair loss which is a natural phenomenon. But having hair loss due to some other factors is also a possibility. If you are among victims of hair loss then you will learn from here that which is a real factor that causes your hair loss.
Patterns of Seasonal Hair Loss:
How do you know if you have seasonal hair loss? Because there are some other factors too which can cause your hair to rapidly fall out. The only way to solve this mystery is to look out for a repeated pattern over 2 to 4 years.
Seasonal hair loss lasts only for 4 months. And after this, hair begins to regrow itself. If your hair loss isn’t stopped in 4 months then it’s due to some other reason. Most people suffer from the seasonal hair loss in spring or in autumn.
How Seasonal Hair Loss Happens?
There are 2 factors which are involved in the seasonal hair loss.
- Exposure to the sunlight
- The effect of testosterone
· Exposure to the sunlight:
The first factor which causes seasonal hair loss is the exposure of the sunlight. No matter you spend most of your time indoors but still, you will be exposed to sunlight in spring and in summer.
The exposure of the sunlight leads to the production of less melatonin in your body. Which interferes with your hormonal levels in your scalp. And this phenomenon can push your hair follicles into their natural shedding phase for longer time period than usual.
· The Effect of testosterone:
The level of testosterone is higher in spring and autumn. Testosterone is considered as a male hormone but it’s present in both men and women. And this is another cause of the seasonal hair loss.
Seasonal hair loss occurs because of two states occurrence. When you are losing your hair just due to seasonal hair loss then your hair regrows as much new hair as you are losing. And due to this, you won’t notice any change. It occurs so that new hair would regrow by replacing old and fallen hair.
Visit a Trichologist at Hair Transplant Dubai Clinic:
Well, if you are observing your hair falling and you aren’t sure about the fact that is it a seasonal hair loss or not. Then it’s a good idea to consult a trichologist in time before it becomes a headache for you.
How to Take Care of your Hair in Winter?
The trichologist will first examine your scalp then he will inform you about the factor which has contributed in causing your hair loss. And then the trichologist may recommend you to follow these simple but effective tips to take care your hair especially in winter.
- Massage your scalp daily with few drops of coconut or olive oil so that it will prevent dandruff.
- Deep conditioning weekly.
- You can also use the home remedy like mix a banana with two tablespoons of honey and few drops of oil. Make it a paste, apply on your hair and rinse it off after 30 to 40 minutes. It will also help to give a shine to your hair especially in winter.
- Wash your hair only with lukewarm water instead of hot water.
- Brush your hair with a wide-toothed wooden comb.
- Avoid the use of heating tools because it will absorb the moisture present in the scalp which makes your hair dry.
- Avoid shampooing your hair twice or thrice a week.
- Increase the intake of healthy foods
- Eat a lot of nuts.
Diagnosis Tests for Hair Loss:
If your hair loss isn’t stopped by following these tips then the trichologist will perform following tests in order to evaluate your hair loss treatment options:
- Microscopic exam of Hairshaft and bulbs, hair examination by the chemical test.
- Hair density, how many hairs are present per sq. cm of the scalp and checked by cutting a small area of the scalp.
- Hair mass measurement, it can be checked by naked eye.
- Norwood classification, the 07 stages of male pattern baldness are compared with the series of pictures.
- Ludwig classification, the 03 stages of female pattern baldness are compared with the series of pictures.
- Video microscopy, a percentage of shrunken hair is greater at the top of the scalp as compared to the back of the head.
- Hair cycle synchronization, hairs are counted and then a small area of the scalp is shaved to see the hair regrowth speed after 3 days.
- Hair dx genetic testing, the risk variant of the gene associated with male or female pattern baldness is checked by getting a sample of your saliva.
- The hair pulls test, grabbing 50 to 100 hairs between the thumb and forefinger and pulling them to see how many hairs would come out.
- Daily hair collection analysis, you have to daily collect your shed hair from the shower drain, sink, brush or pillow for 7 days.
- Scalp biopsy, a small area of the scalp is required for this test.
After the examination of your hair and scalp very closely, the trichologist will recommend you an appropriate hair loss treatment according to the severity and type of hair loss.