Hair loss patients often find difficulty in choosing the right treatment for their hair loss issues. Some think that medicines are a better option while some others think that hair transplant is the right solution.
Here we will compare medicines and hair transplant surgery as the two possible treatments for thinning crown and receding hairline. A comparison of both will help you to decide the suitable treatment for your hair loss.
Medicines for hair restoration
Some benefits that you can avail if you use medicines for hair restoration are
- Medicines initiate hair regrowth. These hair are lot like wigs or toupees rather, your natural hair.
- It is an easy and simple treatment that does not involve anything except taking some time out daily and applying or swallowing a medicine.
- It does not involve any surgery. Essentially, it means that medical hair restoration does not give you all the side effects which are associated with surgical treatments.
- It costs less in short run.
Some downsides of using medicines for hair regrowth are:
- It is not a permanent solution. You cannot take it as a permanent cure. People who stop using medicines shed all their regrowing hair within 2 months of stopping their use.
- Medicines do not work same in all patients. In some patients they initiate hair growth within first few months of use, in others they initiate hair growth after a longer time period. Still, there is a good majority of individuals who do not respond to medicines.
- Some medicines like Finasteride are not prescribed to women as they are not safe for women who are pregnant or may become pregnant in future.
- Medicines used for hair regrowth are notorious for their side effects. Some side effects and complications that result from their use are
- Burning or irritation of eyes
- Severe allergic reaction
- Chest pain
- Difficulty in breathing
- Rapid heartbeat
- Anxiety and depression
- Unwanted hair growth on other parts of the body
The worst thing about these side effects is that some of them persist even when the patient stops using medicines.
Hair transplant for hair restoration
- Hair transplant is so far the only permanent treatment for hair loss patients. As transplanted hairs are grown from balding resistant hair follicles so, they do not fall off.
- It is a minimally invasive surgery and is performed on an out-patient basis.
- It is a onetime expense which sets you free from all future ordeals.
- You can easily maintain your transplanted hair.
- You can brush your new hair, shampoo them and even pull them out and they will grow again.
- You can try all your hair styling techniques on your transplanted hair.
- Hair transplant is often used for patients who do not like their broad forehead and high hairline. In such a case transplant hairs are used to lower the frontal hairline.
Some downsides of hair transplant are:
- Swelling, moderate to minimum bleeding, pain or discomfort and recovery period are some usual side effects of a hair transplant procedure.
- It costs you high in short run.
Do not forget to consult a hair loss expert before making your final decision regarding hair loss treatment. While hair transplant is the best treatment for most of the patients, some cannot benefit from the procedure due to limited donor hair supply or some other reasons. In such cases experts suggest temporary solutions like medicines. Regardless of the treatment that your doctor decides for you, get your hair loss issue treated as soon as possible because problems like hair fall not only affect your looks but your confidence also.
For expert opinion, give us a call or fill the form below to book a FREE CONSULTATION.
Please follow and like us: