Male pattern baldness, also known as Androgenic Alopecia is very common among men. In fact, it accounts for 95% of all hair loss cases in this gender. In the UAE alone, two in every three men face hair loss over the course of their lives. This possibility also increases with age, although for some it can start from their early 20s.
Nowadays, most people facing baldness are taking action to stop it which includes Hair Transplant. But before you decide to take such a drastic and costly measure to nip hair loss in the bud, how would you know that the type of hair loss you are facing is permanent?
We have listed several signs you should watch out for, before you make the decision to restore it or go the completely bald way.
Losing Copious Amounts Of Hair In A Day: Usually we lose about 100 hairs per day, which is considered normal and nothing to be worried about. But if you notice that you are losing more, then you should be worried. This can be signaled by suddenly noticing lots of hair on your pillow, your hair brush or when taking a shower. The first thing you should do is book an appointment with your doctor to make sure there are no other underlying causes to your hair loss, other than good old androgenetic alopecia. Afterwards you should consider your choice of hair restoration after doing a lot of research on the subject.
Receding Hairline: If one day you wake up and notice that your hairline is receding or the hairs at the base of your fringe are becoming less and less, then you my friend, are suffering from Androgenic Alopecia and it will only be a matter of time before you realize the crown of your head is devoid of any hair. If this happens, you should consider having a hair transplant, which will be well worth it.
Single Bald Spot: Since we are all very different, if we are predisposed to hair loss, we begin losing it in different ways. If you notice a single bald spot on your scalp, you should seriously consider paying your doctor a visit to determine what it is and why it is happening. Most likely it is caused by either Alopecia Areata which can be treated, or male pattern baldness. If that latter the case, then hair restoration is the answer.
Thinning Hair: You might have been blessed with a full head of thick hair, but one day you notice that your mane is become thinner and thinner. This means that the hairs you are shedding are not being replaced by new ones. This is another sign that you are about to come head to head with the dreaded male pattern baldness monster.
Noticing A Prominent Forehead: If one day you notice that your forehead is becoming more prominent; and knowing that you did not hurt yourself in any way to warrant this, then this most likely means your hairline is receding. And if your hairline is receding, then you might be facing balding. Visit your doctor to find out why, and then act on the information.
Reasons Why You Might Be Losing Your Hair
- When faced with hair loss or balding, most of us start to wonder why this is happening. The first thing you should check your genes. Most people facing balding are genetically predisposed to hair loss.
- If you are lacking nutrition-wise, then chances are you might start losing hair among other things. If you are also suffering from eating disorders, you might start losing your hair. For healthy hair growth, you should incorporate minerals, vitamins and proteins in your diet.
- Certain medications also cause hair loss. These include some high blood pressure mediations and chemotherapy.
- Some illnesses cause hair loss. If you are losing your hair, the most important thing you should do first is seeing your doctor to rule out any illness.
- Trauma to the head can also lead to hair loss. For instance, the recent man-bun hair style craze has been found to lead to hair loss among men.
- Aging is also another natural cause of hair loss.
For more information on hair loss and hair restoration, contact us for a FREE consultation.