July 13, 2018
You may have heard about people selling their hair at high costs and you may wonder why that is? You just waste all of your hair at salons and there is just a pile of hair left on the floor. Well, human hair is not just thrown in the trash but it is used for many other strange purposes some of which are the following:
1) Wig Making- Human hair is deeply valued for wig making as synthetic wigs do not look natural and aren’t as durable as natural human hair. Most donated hair goes into wig making and thousands of people with hair loss benefit from these wigs.
2) Testing for Hair Products- When cosmetic companies design hair products they need to test them on real hair. There are actually companies that provide tresses, weaves and mannequin heads made of human hair. These are quite expensive and are valued according to weight- you pay $6000 for one pound of hair!
3) Help Protect Plants. – There is a company called SmartGrow that uses imported human hair from china and India to make a gardening product. This product makes the use of weaved hair converted into mats that help protect the plant’s roots from weather and insects.
4) Make Clothes- Since designers and cloth sellers are always looking for the unique next thing they have started weaving hair into a fabric and made clothes. America’s next top model once featured an episode in which models wore dresses made entirely out of silky long hair.
5) Create Furniture- A hairdresser’s ex-assistant had a crazy idea and he managed to create a chair out of human hair. The fiber is spun into a material like fiberglass and forged into the shape of a chair.
6) Create works of art- Artist Wenda Gu gathered hair from 42000 haircuts to create a giant banner using human hair. It was initially displayed at Dartmouth College’s baker-berry Library. It was an interesting work of art that inspired many other artists to also create pieces out of human hair.
7) Solar Panels- In Nepal, a teenage boy replaced the silicon in a solar panel with hair- and the panel still functioned. This discovery implies that hair could replace the use of silicone
considering the recent push for renewable sources of energy.
So next time when you cut your hair you might want to store it in a safe place as savings that could be liquefied.
Hair Transplant Dubai is offering free consultation for the first time. Fill out the free consultation form below and avail this offer.