Losing less than 100 hairs a day may be normal but losing more than 100 hairs a day is considered abnormal hair loss.
Abnormal hair loss can cause hair thinning and baldness and there can be different reasons for this serious condition.
which are the most common types of abnormal hair loss?
This blog post explains the most common types of abnormal hair loss. If identifying and fixing abnormal hair loss is on your mind, this topic is for you.
Types Of Abnormal Hair Loss
Hair loss is not always the same; it can be normal and it can be abnormal. Abnormal hair loss refers to losing more than 100 hairs every day and it occurs due to a severe problem.
There are a variety of reasons for extreme hair fall. Abnormal hair loss can be of different types. Here are some common types of abnormal hair fall:
- Androgenetic Alopecia: It is a common hair loss condition that affects a huge population around the world. It is also known as male/female pattern hair loss.
- Telogen Effluvium: It refers to one of the three stages of hair growth when a huge number of hair follicles on the scalp enter the resting phase (telogen).
- Anagen Effluvium: This hair condition takes place after chemotherapy or similar medical treatment because the medications used in these treatments can disturb hair growth.
- Alopecia Areata: This issue arises when the immune system of the body attacks hair follicles and other healthy tissues. Alopecia areata treatment can be used to fix this problem.
- Tinea Capitis: It is a fungal infection of the scalp and it often occurs in children. Bald spots can emerge due to this problem and these spots can grow in size with the passage of time.
- Cicatricial Alopecia: Scarring alopecia or cicatricial alopecia is a type of hair loss where inflammation stops hair growth and forms scarring.
- Hair Shaft Abnormalities: This type of hair loss where hair becomes weak, thin, and then starts falling.
Last Word About Curing Hair Loss
In the end, we can conclude that abnormal hair loss can be fixed by taking routine care and by undergoing an advanced method for hair growth.
To schedule an appointment or to book a treatment, you can contact through phone or online form.