From the beginning of civilization, people are suffering from hair loss so it’s not a very big deal if you are also a victim of hair loss. Due to the increase in the number of hair loss victims, new discoveries are being made and treatments are being invented for the cure of hair loss.
After numerous studies and researches, it has been finally found that there are many hair loss conditions that can cause similar symptoms but each requires a specific treatment for its cure.
So here, you will learn some other Causes of Hair Loss i.e. Central Centrifugal Cicatricial Alopecia and Frontal Fibrosing Alopecia.
Causes of Hair Loss: Central Centrifugal Cicatricial Alopecia and Frontal Fibrosing Alopecia?
Central Centrifugal Cicatricial Alopecia (CCCA):
CCCA is a form of scarring alopecia on the scalp that results into permanent hair loss. it’s mostly seen in black women but the people who have a history of using heating tools including men and women are also included in the victims of CCCA.
· Causes of Central Centrifugal Cicatricial Alopecia:
Central Centrifugal Cicatricial Alopecia (CCCA) is also called hot comb alopecia. Because this type of hair loss is caused by:
- The excessive use of hot styling tools like curlers, straightener and blow dryer
- a habit of making tight hair up-dos like tight braids, bun, ponytails
- The excessive use of hair extensions.
- Fungal infections
- Bacterial infections
- Autoimmune disease
- Diabetes mellitus
Central Centrifugal Cicatricial Alopecia (CCCA) is not only caused by the extreme use of heating styling tools but also by the over usage of hair styling products including hair coloring treatment, gel, creams, and sprays.
· Symptoms of CCCA:
If you are suffering from CCCA then you will observe these early symptoms, includes:
- Hair loss begins in the crown region of your scalp
- Then extends in a centrifugal manner.
- Burning, itching, and soreness on your scalp.
· How Central Centrifugal Cicatricial Alopecia Damages Hair:
The theory behind CCCA is that the excessive heat from the heating styling tools travel down to your hair roots, causes them to burn and eventually you have to suffer from the repetitive injury and scarring.
· Diagnosis of Central Centrifugal Cicatricial Alopecia:
It’s very important to get a treatment as soon as you see the early signs of CCCA. Otherwise, it may lead to a permanent hair loss problem.
CCCA can be diagnosed by:
- Scalp biopsy
- Exclusion of other hair loss disorders.
Frontal Fibrosing Alopecia (FFA):
A post-menopausal woman over the age of 50 is mostly affected by FFA. If you think that you are a victim of FFA then it’s important to know that how FFA looks like.
· Symptoms of Frontal Fibrosing Alopecia:
Well, Frontal Fibrosing Alopecia shows its early signs by the:
- Symmetrical band of hair loss at the front and sides of the scalp.
- The edges may appear moth-eaten
- The affected scalp skin may look normal but pale in color.
- The scalp skin may be shiny or mildly scarred.
- The margins of your bald areas may be red
- And scaling around your hair follicles
· Causes of Frontal Fibrosing Alopecia:
The exact factor which contributes in causing Frontal Fibrosing Alopecia (FFA) is still unknown but the known factors are:
- Disturbed immune system
- Hormonal imbalance due to menopause
· Diagnosis of Frontal Fibrosing Alopecia:
Skin biopsy is only the way to diagnose Frontal Fibrosing Alopecia. After getting a scalp biopsy, it has been found that newly affected hair follicles are surrounded by the lichenoid pattern of inflammation which is associated with scaring.
Consultation with the Trichologist at the Hair Transplant Centre:
If you are experiencing the early symptoms of either CCCA or FFA then it’s a very good suggestion that you should consult a trichologist at Hair Transplant Dubai Clinic.
The trichologist will thoroughly examine your scalp then he will diagnose your scalp with scalp biopsy. And then he will tell you that are you suffering from CCCA or FFA. Afterwards, he will tell you that which factor has contributed in causing this type of hair loss and the severity of it.
In the end, the trichologist will recommend you to get an alopecia treatment in Dubai from Hair Transplant Dubai Clinic.
Hair Transplant Centre:
The hair transplant clinic has experienced and well-trained surgeons to perform the hair transplant surgeries. And proficient trichologist, to give their patients proper guidance keeping in mind the health issues of their patients.
No matter what’s the underlying factor of your hair loss is, but the trichologist at the hair transplant clinic will identify it, treat it and will help you to look beautiful again.