Trichotillomania is a personality disorder in which individuals pull out their own hair. An individual suffering from trichotillomania has an urge to pull his or her hairs out until they fall off. If this disorder continues for a longer period of time, a permanent hair loss condition can be developed.
Why people with Trichotillomania pull out their own hairs?
An individual with Trichotillomania pulling out their hair is not the sign of mental disorder or destruction and also it does not imply that a person is violent. The fact of the matter is these signs are related to the act of coping with anxiety and other emotions.
How Does Trichotillomania cause hair loss?
The individuals with having a habit of continued hair pulling may lead themselves toward baldness. The prolonged hair pulling damages the hair follicles, making them unable to grow hairs.
Some patients of Trichotillomania pulls their hair from all over the body including eyebrows, beard, and eyelashes etc. Plucking out hair is the main source of comfort to the sufferers of trichotillomania. They use to pull out hair because of disgrace, perplexity, outrage, and depressions.
Symptoms of Trichotillomania
Individuals who are suffering from Trichotillomania have following symptoms.
- Repeated pulling of hair from scalp, eyebrows, and eyelashes causes even more stress and tension, ultimately causing Trichotillomania.
- The feeling of happiness or sadness after hair pulling
- Considerable hair loss after pulling.
- Biting and playing with the pulled out hairs
- Anxiety and depression generated due to the work, school or personal issues.
Oral medications and non-surgical hair restoration treatments are effective in the case of hair follicles are not completely damaged. These are also viable when there is extensive thinning of hair occurs.
Can hair transplant Fix hair loss due to Trichotillomania
If the hair fall due to Trichotillomania is in its early stages a non-surgical treatment is a viable option. However, in the case the hair fall occurs in a pattern while receding the hairline, a surgical option can be utilized to treat this condition. To know better about your hair loss condition consult our expert surgeon at Hair transplant Clinic or use our calculator to know an exact number of grafts available.
Below mentioned are few conditions to opt for a hair transplant:
- It is necessary that the sufferer of Trichotillomania has beaten his urge to pull hair and has not pulled his hair for more than 1 year
- The sufferer of Trichotillomania shouldn’t experience the ill effects of tingling, consuming, torment or tickling in the scalp.
- The area of pattern baldness has not expanded over a 1-2 year time frame.
- The patient should not have other medical concerns and mentally fine.
- The patient should be over 18 years of age.
Avoid using any kinds of medications or temporary treatments to cure hair pulling disorder. Instead, consult a trichologist before it’s too late so that he or she will examine your scalp very carefully and then will recommend you to get a suitable treatment from the hair transplant clinics which offers Hair transplant in Dubai.