Researching about hair loss treatments is very interesting because every day new and more effective hair loss therapies have been invented. From surgical hair loss therapies to the non-surgical hair loss treatments are introduced to help hair loss.
At present time, there are numerous kinds of hair loss treatments but the most effective and safer hair restorative treatment is Platelet Rich Plasma therapy.
PRP therapy is relatively a new concept in the hair restoration techniques. Platelet Rich Plasma therapy is based on the principle that body’s own cells (platelets) can be used to accelerate the hair regrowth process without a surgery.
Responsibilities of our Body Cells:
- Red blood cells or RBCs delivers oxygen from the lungs to the rest of the body.
- White blood cells or WBCs are the main defense force to fight against germs in the body.
- The 3rd types of cells are known as platelets, and these are enriched with growth factors.
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy:
- Blood is placed in a centrifuge apparatus to separate plasma, then a yellowish liquid (plasma) is extracted from it.
- PRP has the growth elements which helps in the hair regrowth by the stimulation of stem cells present in your scalp.
- PRP therapy is a lunch hour procedure so you don’t have to waste a lot of time and you can also resume your daily activities after getting the PRP therapy.
Getting a Trichologist Advice:
If you are a victim of hair loss and frustrated due to it. Then without wasting more time, seek a trichologist help for the evaluation of your hair loss treatment options.
Visit a Trichologist at the Hair Transplant Clinic:
Arrange an appointment with the trichologist at the hair transplant clinic. After the examination of your scalp, telling you the severity and type of your hair loss. The trichologist may recommend you to get a PRP therapy Dubai from Hair Transplant Dubai Clinic.
The Procedure of Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy:
1. Taking a Small Sample of your Blood:
The hair transplant surgeon will take a small sample of your blood, just as you are giving a blood test.
2. Separation of Platelets from your Blood:
Then the hair transplant surgeon will separate the enriched cells or platelets (PRP) from the sample of your blood.
3. Removal of RBCs from your Blood:
The hair transplant surgeon will eliminate all Red Blood Cells (RBCs) from the sample of your blood.
4. Administration of Local Anaesthesia to your Recipient Area:
Then the hair transplant surgeon will administer local anesthesia to your recipient region of your scalp for the painless procedure.
5. Injection of PRP into your Recipient Region:
In the end, the hair transplant surgeon will inject the PRP into the recipient region of your scalp using a special microneedle.
Benefits of Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy:
- It’s a progressive hair loss treatment.
- PRP is extracted from your own blood and then it’s again injected to your recipient areas.
- It helps to provide enhanced results in a claimed time period.
- Only a small sample of blood is required for the PRP therapy
- It is a non-surgical hair loss procedure.
- PRP therapy helps to increase the platelet concentration rate in your scalp for the hair regrowth process.
- PRP therapy is only performed by the specifically designed apparatuses
- Has quick healing and recovery process.
- It also has the low chances of shock loss/ temporary shedding of natural hair.
- It can increase the thickness of existing hair
- PRP therapy can also be used in any hair transplant procedure to increase the healing procedure due to its property of speeding up the recovery process.
Results of Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy:
- PRP therapy provides better, realistic, long lasting and safe results
- Provides results in short span of time.
- It helps to slow down the rate of your hair loss
- Reverses the male and female pattern hair loss which is genetic and hard to treat.
- PRP therapy also helps to add hair density.
- It provides a full head of hair without causing side effects like scarring, irritation, soreness, inflammation etc.
But if you are:
- A chain smoker
- Have a bad habit to intake drugs
- Use to drinking a lot of alcoholic beverages
- You are suffering from the infections like liver disease.
- Or you have skin diseases or any medical disorder like cancer.
Then the trichologist will strictly forbid you from opting a PRP therapy and tell you that you aren’t eligible for this kind of hair loss treatment. So in this case, he may recommend you to use certain hair loss medications or products.