The crown of the area, which is also called as the oval region is termed as a vertex. If you lose hair in the vertex region, then you are a victim of crown baldness. Normally, this kind of baldness occurs in men. The treatment for such type of hair loss is in vertex hair transplant. Hair loss is not only physical; it is deeply rooted in one’s emotional well being. If you suffering from image issues have become a victim of social anxiety and depression, then it is time to fix your baldness once and for all.
Are you the ideal candidate for crown hair transplant?
You must keep the following factors in mind while determining whether you are an ideal candidate for hair restoration surgery or not:
- It is vital that your donor region is baldness resistant and has a sufficient amount of hair. The ratio of the donor-recipient area plays a major role in determining the final outcome of the surgery.
- You must wait till the age of 30 or above to get hair transplant surgery. It will allow your hair loss to settle a bit.
- It is important to get all your medical tests done and ensure that you are not suffering from any chronic disease. If you are, then you might need to treat the disease first and then go for vertex hair transplant.
- Your hair loss must not be progressive. If it is progressive, you will only end up getting more surgeries in the future.
Procedure of vertex hair transplant
- Procedure begins with an initial consultation with your chosen surgeon. He will take your medical history; determine what you are looking for. Will show you some before and after photographs for reference and decide on the number of grafts that will be required at the time of surgery. In the initial consultation, you will decide upon the procedure whether you want to go for FUE or FUT hair transplant.
- After you have settles on the procedure, the surgeon will administer anesthesia to numb your scalp.
- Afterwards, depending upon the technique, either an entire strip is extracted from the back or the sides of the scalp or individual follicular units are harvested from the donor’s site. The main difference between FUT and FUE hair transplant lies in the technique of graft extraction.
- Then the crown area is numbed and incisions are made.
- Grafts are implanted in the crown area in the circular manner (clockwise or anticlockwise) to mimic the natural appearance of hair.
How to achieve maximum coverage with vertex hair transplant?
Very few patients are lucky enough to be only suffering from crown baldness. Most men suffer from baldness in the frontal region as well and also all over the scalp. The key to obtaining the most natural looking results from crown hair transplant lies in transplanting hair from the center and then moving in a circular motion to obtain the most natural looking density. Surgeons use richest hair grafts in the center and less rich grafts on the sides to maintain maximum density.
Preparation of recipient area
Preparation of the recipient area is the foundation of the surgery. Many pictures are taken from different angles to reveal posterior hair loss. The recipient area is shaved as it allows substantial improvement in the quality of surgery at all levels. Direct lines are drawn on to the scalp to determine the pattern in which hair is implanted on to the vertex. It is either in the clockwise manner or either anticlockwise manner.
Results of hair restoration surgery
Results of hair restoration surgery are dependent on a couple of factors. They depend on the surgeon chosen, the choice of a clinic and technique chosen. If you pay careful attention to these factors, it is important that you must do your research and convey your needs to the surgeon properly in the initial consultation. Results typically take about a year to fully adhere. Results are permanent and look extremely natural. You will gain a thicker head of hair, get rid of baldness and revive your confidence.