ACell Prp is a new solution to hair loss problems which thickens the hair and sprouts the growth of new hair over the injected area. The new hair are of dark natural color and not grey.
Candidates suitable for ACell Prp Treatment for hair loss:
- Patients who are not interested in surgical hair restoration methods.
- Want no further hair loss.
- Experiencing less or small size hair growth.
What is ACell Prp treatment for hair loss?
To begin with let’s first understand what is ACell and Prp individually.
ACell is an FDA approved device which is used in many surgical procedures that regenerates and remodel the tissue. When injected into the area it activates the stem cells which solely are incapable of activating new tissue growth. It renewals the growth of the damaged tissues and results in the rejuvenation of the weakened tissue thereby producing strong hair growth in the area which was once effected by hair loss.
Prp is platelet rich plasma present in the blood of an individual. Blood contains liquid called plasma and in this liquid are some solid components such as red and white cells, it also contains platelets which are rich in protein that are helpful for the growth of tissue and healing of injuries.
How is a Prp prepared?
Blood is drawn from the patient and the platelets are separated from the blood cells. The concentration of platelets is increased through a process called centrifugation. Increased concentration of platelets are inserted back in the blood.
ACell Prp treatment for hair loss procedure:
- Low level laser therapy on the infected area is performed.
- An antiseptic wash is given.
- Area is photographed, measured and marked.
- Local anesthesia is applied to the scalp or the infected area.
- Blood sample is processed using ACell which activated the platelets producing powerful molecules which have great effect on hair follicles.
- The processed blood is injected into the affected area of the scalp.
- Micro needling is performed on the area to activate platelets.
- 15min low level laser is applied.
- Post treatment antiseptic wash.
- It is only an hour procedure.
- No downtime.
- Can resume activities ex shampooing, workouts etc.
Some individuals might undergo some after effects of an ACell Prp hair loss treatment such as redness of the scalp and mild soring which are healed in a day by medications prescribed by the doctor.
Results of the treatment:
The treatment is completely safe and has no side effects of allergies, hyper sensitivity or foreign body reactions as sterile technique is used to prevent infection. The soreness and redness expected in few candidates is normal and is typically healed in a day.
Results start to show with the hair growth in about four to eight weeks after the injection. Hair appear thicker for patients who previously had thin hair. Dense thick hair the wish of every individual is met and also noticeable growth in hairline is also seen. It has been observed that patients who got ACell Prp treatment have not undergone further additional injections up to two years and has proven quite effective. With such a result patients are also getting injections at area of eyebrows and beard for more and strong hair which previously grew sparsely.
Follow-up hair check measurements are scheduled to check hair growth and allow for improvement. The new hair growth is measured and photographed to see the difference.