Female Hair transplant in Dubai & Abu Dhabi
It is believed that women go through immense psychological effects from hair loss than men. They try to hide their hair loss, try to develop a hairstyle that could disguise their hair loss and spend hours in front of the mirror just to look at the intensity of the hair loss. Unfortunately, our society also considers women with thin hair or bald scalp as ugly. Most women suffer from hair loss in silence and are likely to experience a low confidence. Although hair loss occurs in both males and females, the causes and pattern of hair loss vary.
Causes of Hair loss
- Hypothyroidism – It is a thyroid deficiency that causes thinning hair or bald patches.
- Anagen Syndrome – A disease whereby the hair sheds of before its normal growth cycle.
- Pregnancy – Hormonal changes during pregnancy causes temporary hair loss.
- Androgenetic Alopecia – This is hereditary hair loss that forms a typical pattern hair thinning on the scalp.
- Alopecia Areata –This is patchy hair loss from the scalp and eyebrows.
- Telogen Effluvium – This kind of hair loss is due to any stressful event in life that causes shedding of hair over the entire scalp.
- Trichotillomania – This is a disease whereby the person plucks his/her own hair in regular or bizarre patterns leading to permanent hair loss.
- Chemical Processing – Chemicals used to coloring the hair can permanently damage the hairs.
- Traction Alopecia – Tight braiding and hair styles can pull hair resulting in hair loss.
Diagnosis of Hair loss
- Hormonal levels check
- Scalp Biopsy – A small section of the scalp is examined under a microscope to know the cause of hair loss.
- Densitometry – A handheld microscopic device that is used to check miniaturization of the hair shafts.
- Hair Pull – This is a simple test whereby the doctor pulls the small amount of hair to check the hair loss. If more than three hairs per pull come out then it’s alarming.
Treatment of Hair loss
- 2% Minoxidil - Two percent of the Minoxidil solution applied directly on the scalp stimulates hair growth. It’s not a quick fix, you can see the result after two months of application and the condition might reverse when you stop using it.
- Vitamins and Nutrients – Establishing a diet that has the right amount of proteins, vitamins can help in regaining the health of hair.
- Melatonin – Its uses has shown effective results in some women with improvement in hair thinning.
- Hair Transplant – If the hair loss is permanent the only solution that can help you gain hair is hair transplant. The procedure is simple and non-invasive requiring transplantation of healthy hair from one part of the scalp to another.
Are You a Candidate
Usually, women have diffuse thinning of hair on the scalp and because of this, they are not considered the good candidates of hair transplant. However, there are also some women who suffer from pattern hair loss which can be treated with the hair transplant.
- Candidates suffering from Traction Alopecia.
- Candidates that have hair loss which is caused by trauma such as injury scars, chemical scars, burn scars.
- Candidates that have distinct pattern baldness such as crown thinning or receding hairline.
- Candidates that have previously gone through a cosmetic surgery and want hair around the incisions.
Types of Hair Transplant
- Follicular Unit Transplant – This technique requires the removal of a strip of the skin from the back of the scalp which is divided and dissected for graft transplantation.
- Follicular Unit Extraction – This technique is done by removing hair follicles from usually back of the scalp. However, body hair transplant can also be done through this technique.
- Stem Cell FUE – This is like FUE, except a motorized punch tool is used for extraction of the hair follicles giving extra efficiency to perform the process.
Technique of Hair Transplant
The decision of the hair transplant technique depends on the factors:
- The degree of hair loss.
- Hair density.
- Hair texture.
- Customized client needs.
- Stop Smoking for about three weeks before the surgery.
- Avoid Alcohol beverages two weeks prior to the surgery.
- Blood thinners and Aspirin intake should be avoided two to three weeks before the surgery are scheduled.
- Donor Area Preparation - The donor area is shaved and trimmed for the extraction purpose.
- Donor Area Anesthesia - Local anesthesia is injected into the donor area of the scalp to make it numb so the patient feels no pain.
- Extraction – This can be done by any of the three hair transplant technique;
- Follicular Unit Transplant – FUT
- Follicular Unit Extraction – FUE
- Stem Cell FUE
- Grafts Preparation – The extracted grafts are prepared according to the requirements. Usually, a graft containing one to three hairs are used to give a natural look.
- Receptor Area Anesthesia – Anesthesia is administered into the receptor area to make the patient feel no pain during the process of receptor site creation and transplantation.
- Receptor Area Preparation – After injecting local anesthesia into the scalp, tiny incisions are made at the site with specialized needles.
- Graft Insertion – The prepared grafts are inserted into the holes made at the receptor site.
- The downtime period is of two days.
- Normal day to day activities can be carried out after the fourth day.
- Transplanted hair fall out after two weeks, with new hair growth in two months’ time.
- Full hair growth is seen in nine months’ time.
Results After the Procedure
For Eyebrows and Eyelashes
- Eyelash and eyebrows help in defining the frame of the face and have a great cosmetic importance.
- Lack of eyebrows and eyelash cause the same kind of distress as caused by the scalp hair loss.
The causes of loss of eyelashes and eyebrows are the same reasons as mentioned above for the hair loss from the scalp. The procedure used for restoration of eyebrows and eyelashes is;
- Follicular Unit Extraction
- Stem Cell FUE
Some important features to keep in mind for eyebrow and eyelid transplantation:
- Cutting of each follicular unit.
- Placing the follicles at the proper angle and direction.
Fill the form below, to get FREE Consultation from our top surgeons in the Dubai or Abu Dhabi. Our Hair Restorative surgeons have the expertise and the skills you are looking for your hair transplant procedure.