You may have heard about people selling their hair at high costs and you may wonder why that is? You just waste all of your hair at salons and there is just a pile of hair left on the floor. Well, human hair is not just thrown in the trash but it is used for many other strange purposes some of which are the following:
1) Wig Making- Human hair is deeply valued for wig making as synthetic wigs do not look natural and aren’t as durable as natural human hair. Most donated hair goes into wig making and thousands of people with hair loss benefit from these wigs.
2) Testing for Hair Products- When cosmetic companies design hair products they need to test them on real hair. There are actually companies that provide tresses, weaves and mannequin heads made of human hair. These are quite expensive and are valued according to weight- you pay $6000 for one pound of hair!
3) Help Protect Plants. – There is a company called SmartGrow that uses imported human hair from china and India to make a gardening product. This product makes the use of weaved hair converted into mats that help protect the plant’s roots from weather and insects.
4) Make Clothes- Since designers and cloth sellers are always looking for the unique next thing they have started weaving hair into a fabric and made clothes. America’s next top model once featured an episode in which models wore dresses made entirely out of silky long hair.
5) Create Furniture- A hairdresser’s ex-assistant had a crazy idea and he managed to create a chair out of human hair. The fiber is spun into a material like fiberglass and forged into the shape of a chair.
6) Create works of art- Artist Wenda Gu gathered hair from 42000 haircuts to create a giant banner using human hair. It was initially displayed at Dartmouth College’s baker-berry Library. It was an interesting work of art that inspired many other artists to also create pieces out of human hair.
7) Solar Panels- In Nepal, a teenage boy replaced the silicon in a solar panel with hair- and the panel still functioned. This discovery implies that hair could replace the use of silicone
considering the recent push for renewable sources of energy.
So next time when you cut your hair you might want to store it in a safe place as savings that could be liquefied.
Hair Transplant Dubai is offering free consultation for the first time. Fill out the free consultation form below and avail this offer.
Dr Cagatay Sezgin and staff are very professional, friendly and courteous. I found the whole experience to be most satisfactory. Everybody involved from the drivers to Interpreters to the Dr. and his lovely staff couldn't do enough to make me comfortable and relaxed. Fantastic service from arrival to departure.
My treatment went very well.I am really happy with the result, my hair transplant was made 9 months ago by Op.Dr.Çagatay Sezgin.I would like to say thank you to him and his team.They were really nice and friendly.
"I was really pleased with my experience at Dubai Cosmetic Surgery. I had to cancel the first date I booked, because of my daughter, but when I called them the next day, they fit us in that afternoon, which was really good. My mum and I went to a free consultation for Laser Assisted Liposuction, and it went very well. We were really impressed with the doctor, Dr. Juan Tadeo Krogulec - he was lovely. He spent as long as we needed with us, and didn't rush us. He was really thorough and not only did he answer all of our questions, he answered others we hadn't even thought of asking! I think that when the time comes for treatment we'll probably be going with them.".
I am very satisfied with my results. I strongly recommend this clinic for every one who wants great result and its very cheap to :). Dr. Cagtay and his team are very professional and do take care of their patients.".
Al Wasl Rd, Umm Seqiem, Al Manara Area P.O.Box. No. 57394, Dubai, UAE
4005, Block B, 4th Floor Al Razi Building No. 64, Dubai Healthcare City, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic, 2nd Floor , Bright Point Royal Women Hospital, Tower B, Mohammed bin Zayed Stadium, Al Jazira Club, Muroor Road, Opposite to Dusit Thani, Abu Dhabi, UAE
Floor 2 , NMC Specialty Hospital, Al Nahda, United Arab Emirates