ACell/PRP hair loss treatment is the latest advancement in non-surgical hair restoration. One reason behind continuously increasing demand for PRP treatment is its ability to deliver long-lasting results – lasting for up to 2 years. But like any other cosmetic procedure, to get the most out of your ACell/PRP hair loss treatment, you have to prepare well for the procedure as well as take very good care of your scalp after the treatment.
If you are planning to get the procedure done in the coming few weeks, here is a list of pre- and post-operative care for ACell + PRP hair loss treatment that Hair Transplant Dubai Clinic asks its patients to follow before and after the procedure.
Pre-Operative Care For ACell Hair Loss Treatment:
Follow these tips as you prepare for the procedure:
- Exercise: Avoid indulging in strenuous exercises 24 to 48 hours prior to the procedure. You can perform your routine tasks, tough.
- Increase Your Fluid Intake: Increase your fluid intake 24 hours before the ACell/PRP therapy. Your average water intake on the day before surgery should by at least 3 to 4 glasses more than you normally drink. You can do this by simply drinking an extra glass of water at all three meals.
- No Fasting: Fasting is not a pre-requisite for PRP procedure. Follow your routine diet plan even on the day before surgery. Have breakfast as usual on the day of procedure.
- Shampooing: Feel free to take a bath and shampoo your hair on the morning of ACell/PRP session. If you don’t shampoo your hair on the day of procedure, do this at least a day before, but make sure you come for the procedure with a clean scalp.
- Supplements and Medications: Discontinue all blood thinning agents, be they herbal supplements or prescription medicines. It is also recommended to stop multivitamin intake at least a week before the procedure.
- Smoking and Alcohol: Avoid cigarettes and alcohol for at least three days prior to the ACell/PRP therapy. But remember the more you avoid these addictives the better it will be for you, as studies have shown that nicotine in cigarettes really impact the healing process and hair growth.
Post-Operative Care For ACell Hair Loss Treatment:
Once you are done with the procedures, follow these instructions:
- Cold Compressions: Immediately after the procedure, your scalp may feel sore and tender. Use cold compressions to alleviate these symptoms, but be gentle.
- Massage Scalp: It is recommended to gently massage your scalp thrice a day for three to four days following the treatment. This will allow even and efficient distribution of ACell and PRP mixture.
- Exercise: Avoid heavy exercise immediately after the procedure. Resuming your workout routine after 24 hours is fine.
- Shampooing: Avoid shampooing your hair for 12 to 24 hours after the treatment.
- Hair Coloring and Hair Styling: Wait for at least 3 to 5 days before you dye your hair. As for as hairstyling products (hair sprays, mousses and gels) are concerned, you can use them 24 to 36 hours after the procedure. But better avoid them for 3 to 5 days.
- Avoid Sun Exposure: Sunlight should not reach your sun directly for at least 7 to 10 days. Cover your scalp with a hat as you go out during day time.
- Supplements and Medicines: Avoid all blood thinning medicines and supplements for a week or two post-procedure. Blood thinners can affect your healing ability big time.
- Alcohol and Smoking: Cigarettes and alcohol that you had quit a week before procedure remains a “No” for a week after the treatment.
Follow these aforementioned instructions carefully and stay assured your hair loss therapy is going to be a huge success.
Schedule a FREE CONSULTATION:
To know more about ACell hair loss treatment or to benefit from this non-surgical hair restoration procedure, fill the form below and earn a FREE CONSULTATION with one of our hair experts.