Criteria of a good hair transplant in Abu DhabiJune 3, 2016
Hair Transplant: Putting an End to Male Pattern BaldnessJune 4, 2016
Hair multiplication is one of the latest surgical hair restoration techniques being practiced all over the world with incredible success. Here are Hair multiplication pre and post operative. Follow these instructions to make your surgery a success.
Preparing for Hair Multiplication:
- Stop taking blood thinners: As you prepare for surgical hair restoration, using any technique, stop taking blood thinners 2-3 weeks before the surgery. These include anti-inflammatory drugs such as aspirin, and ibuprofen, supplements like Vitamin E and cod liver oil and herbs like garlic.
- Quit smoking: Nicotine present in cigarette smoke can hamper hair growth and healing process big time. The chemical constricts blood vessels, thereby affecting blood supply to the scalp. This ultimately affects hair growth from transplanted follicles.
- Refrain from alcohol: Alcohol has a similar effect as that of smoking. However, since effect of drinking is not as lasting as that of smoking, it is usually recommended to avoid alcoholic beverages during the last 3-5 days prior to hair multiplication.
- Avoid caffeinated drinks: It is always recommended to have a healthy breakfast on the morning of your surgery. However, avoid coffee or any other caffeinated drink in the breakfast.
- Sleep well: Take a good night’s sleep the day before the surgery. Also take a shower at night or in the morning before coming to the clinic for the surgery.
- Take prescription medicines: Your doctor will prescribe oral and topical medicines to be used after the surgery. Take oral antibiotics and pain medications immediately after hair multiplication surgery.
- Use cold compresses: Swelling, itching and pain are most common side effects of hair transplant. Use of cold compresses effectively relieves these symptoms. However, be gentle when applying cold compresses. Applying too much pressure may dislodge the freshly transplanted follicles.
- Do not wash your head: Washing scalp is not allowed for a couple of days after Stem Cell FUE. You will be asked for a follow up session after 36-48 hours and the clinic staff will do the first washing. Later on, you can wash your hair following the doctor’s instructions.
- Sleep with your head elevated: It is always recommended to keep your head constantly elevated at 45 degrees, even while sleeping, for at least 2-3 days. Sleep in a reclining chair, and if not comfortable with the idea, put 2-3 pillows under your neck. This will minimize chances of post-op bleeding and also alleviate swelling.
- Avoid strenuous activities: While you may be allowed to resume most of your routine activities the next day after surgery, avoid strenuous activities for at least a month, or until your doctor allows you to recommence. These include brisk walk, jogging, exercise, cardio workouts and all other activities that may raise your pulse.
Schedule a FREE CONSULTATION:
If you still have any concerns, or you are interested in Hair Multiplication in Dubai, contact us now and get the surgery done by our highly skilled surgeons at competitive rates. To avail our FREE CONSULTATION offer, fill the form below.