Hair transplants have become relatively popular nowadays. More and more people are restoring their crown glory with hair transplantation.
Hair transplantation has two popular methods:
- Follicular Unit Transplant (FUT)
- Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)
However, recently the hair transplant industry has made significant advancements. As a result, new and improved transplantation methods have been introduced. One such procedure is the undetectable U-FUE hair transplant. This revolutionary new method has entirely changed the future of hair transplants.
In this article, we have discussed the U-FUE hair transplant procedure in detail. Moreover, we have shed some light on the difference between FUT, FUE, and U-FUE methods.
About the “Undetectable” U-FUE Hair Transplant
Unshaven FUE hair transplant surgery is also called the undetectable U-FUE hair transplant. It is an advanced and more sophisticated way of hair transplant surgery. This technique is perfect for those who don’t want to shave their heads for a hair transplant. It allows people to restore their bald patch or a receding hairline in a minimally invasive and more efficient way.
Many people fear being awkward with a shaved head. However, the two traditional hair transplant techniques, i.e., FUT and FUE, need patients to shave their heads for a transplant.
Alternatively, U-FUE is an invention that helps people get hair transplants without shaving their heads. Moreover, it allows them to resume their daily activities immediately after the procedure without embarrassment due to a shaven head.
After the procedure, the hair regrows naturally in about 12 months. The results are relatively natural-looking, and nobody can distinguish between the natural and transplanted hair.
Difference between FUE and U-FUE
The primary difference between the FUE and U-FUE techniques lies in shaving the scalp. In an FUE hair transplant procedure, the patient’s scalp must be shaved before starting the surgery. On the other hand, in the Unshaven FUE Procedure (U-FUE), patients don’t have to shave their heads before the surgery.
The U-FUE hair transplant requires many years of experience and expert skills. The hair transplant surgeon must ensure appropriately transplanting the healthiest follicles at the recipient regions.
Generally, the donor hair follicles are extracted at full length, leaving only the root to be implanted in a U-FUE. Most patients can return to work the next day without anyone noticing they underwent a transplant. On the other hand, in a traditional FUE hair transplant, hair follicles are extracted from the donor areas one by one.
FUE vs. FUT Hair Transplants
Both methods involve the extraction of hair follicles from the donor areas and their implantation in the recipient region. However, the primary difference between FUE and FUT is the method of hair follicle extraction.
In the FUE hair transplantation procedure, hair follicles are individually extracted. It doesn’t leave any visible scars in the donor areas. Moreover, it doesn’t require any incisions or stitches; therefore, the healing process is also rapid. The results of FUE hair transplantation are also natural-looking and realistic.
On the other hand, in a FUT hair transplant, the hair follicles are extracted in a strip form. As a result, it leaves patients with a permanent, long, and linear scar at the back of their head.
Under normal circumstances, the hair must be shaved before the hair transplantation surgery to make the extraction and implantation easier. However, it leads to the problem of visible scarring. Cutting the hair very short before the hair transplant surgery exposes the scalp and makes the scars more prominent.
The FUT or strip method produces one long and linear scar at the donor area, i.e., the head’s backside. In contrast, the FUE hair transplant leaves multiple tiny dot-like scars in the donor region. Usually, the donor region is the back or sides of the scalp. It also leaves several uneven pitting scars in the recipient region.
Benefits of Unshaven Hair Transplant
Some benefits of the Unshaven FUE Procedure (U-FUE) are mentioned below:
- It is a painless and non-invasive technique.
- It does not require any stitches or scalpels on your scalp.
- The results are natural-looking and realistic.
- It yields maximum hair density.
- Unshaven hair transplant provides long-lasting results, and the implanted hair will never fall out.
- An unshaven hair transplant allows patients to avoid embarrassment due to a shaved head or permanent linear scarring on the scalp.
- Patients can keep their hair short after a U-FUE hair transplant without any apparent difference in the scalp’s appearance.
- There will be no shock loss, which occurs after getting a hair transplant.
- The U-FUE hair transplant has a high-quality extraction process that provides maximum hair regrowth rate.
- The undetectable hair transplant uses a specialized implanter tool and a high-powered microscope for the naturally denser look.
- It does not damage the hair follicles during extraction because of no loss and no transaction of follicles.
- The technique saves a lot of time with the one movement implantation method.
- The recovery period is quick without any complications, and the wounds at the donor and recipient region heal quickly.
Consult an Expert
If you suffer from excessive hair loss and want to get a hair transplant, consult an expert before opting for a suitable procedure.
The hair transplant surgeon will first examine your scalp, including the donor and recipient areas. Then, he/she will detect the factor that contributed to triggering excessive hair loss. Lastly, he/she will affirm that you are eligible to get a hair transplant surgery or not.
So, if you are the ideal candidate for a hair transplant, he/she may recommend getting an Unshaven Hair Transplant in Dubai from the Hair Transplant Clinic Dubai.