Why You Can’t Use Donated Hair For TransplantationJanuary 28, 2016
Non Surgical Options to Fix Patchy BeardJanuary 29, 2016
Itchy scalp is a common problem during winters, caused primarily by dry scalp. Besides being a constant source of discomfort, itchy scalp, in worst case, can cause hair loss as well. Itchy scalp is caused by a number of factors including dandruff, unhygienic hair conditions, sebaceous cysts, improper diet and fungal infections. Lice are also a common cause of itchiness in scalp. While there are countless over the counter hair care products and medications to treat itchy scalp but why go for expensive treatments, loaded with chemicals when you can relieve symptoms of itchiness with some simple home remedies.
Here are natural remedies for itchy scalp treatment. Use them to get rid of itchy scalp problem:
Apple Cider Vinegar:
- Rinse your hair and scalp with normal water and let it dry completely.
- Mix one cup apple cider vinegar with one cup water.
- Mix ACV and water thoroughly and pour the mixture into a clean spray bottle.
- Spray this solution directly onto the scalp and massage for 5 to 7 minutes.
- If you don’t have spray bottle, you can simply pour the mixture onto the scalp using a cup and massage it thoroughly into the entire scalp.
- Cover your head with a towel and wait for 20 minutes before washing apple cider vinegar off with shampoo and normal water.
- Repeat this once or twice a week.
Aloe Vera Gel:
- Take a fresh aloe leaf and peel it off carefully to obtain gel inside.
- Apply the aloe gel onto your scalp with the help of finger tips.
- Let the aloe extract sit in for 20 to 25 minutes and then wash off with regular shampoo and lukewarm water.
- Repeat this twice a week to get rid of dandruff and relieve itchy scalp.
- If you don’t have fresh aloe gel, you can buy one from market, but fresh is better.
- Wash your hair and let your scalp dry completely.
- Take one tablespoon of coconut oil and rub it onto your scalp, making sure entire scalp is covered.
- Wait for half an hour and then wash it off with a mild shampoo and lukewarm water.
- Repeat this thrice a week for best results. For best results, do this at night and leave the oil on overnight.
Tea Tree Oil:
- Take 15 to 20 drops of tea tree oil and mix them with half cup of baby shampoo.
- Mix the ingredients well and use the mixture to shampoo your hair regularly.
- Alternatively, you can also use tea tree oil to massage scalp.
- Mix 2-3 drops of oil with one tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- Use this oil combination to massage your scalp for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes and then shampoo as usual.
- Repeat this on alternate days for a couple of weeks to see significant improvement in your condition.
Baking Soda and Olive Oil:
- Take a few drops of virgin olive oil and massage it onto the scalp for a few minutes.
- Take two tablespoons of baking soda and add enough water into it to form a smooth paste.
- Rub this paste directly onto the scalp for a couple of minutes and then let it soak for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off well and shampoo as usual.
- Repeat this once every week for better results.
Lemon Juice and Yogurt:
- Take one teaspoon of lemon juice and mix it with half cup yogurt.
- Apply the mixture onto the entire scalp and let it stay for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Wash your hair with a mild shampoo and normal water.
- Repeat this on alternate days for quick relief.
Schedule a FREE CONSULTATION:
For expert advice, fill the form below and earn a FREE CONSULTATION with our experts.