More Men Opting For Beard Transplant in GCCFebruary 4, 2016
Can Hair Loss Occur from Pony Tail?February 6, 2016
Coconut oil is known for a wide variety of cosmetic and health benefits. For everything from moisturizing skin to fighting wrinkles, this miracle oil tops the list of natural remedies. One of the most popular and time tested applications of coconut oil is for conditioning dull, dry and damaged hair, especially during winters. There are many ways to use coconut oil and make your hair soft, smooth, silky and fast growing. 5 ways to use coconut oil for hair are listed below. Follow them and have lush, shiny and manageable healthy hair.
Coconut Oil for Deep Conditioning:
- Shampoo your hair and let them air dry.
- In the meanwhile, take a small microwave proof bowl and pour a small amount of organic virgin coconut oil into it.
- Microwave oil for 30 seconds or until it is completely melted.
- Apply this slightly warm oil to your scalp and hair, and massage gently for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Once you are done with massaging, work through with a comb and then wrap your hair up in a shower cap.
- Leave for at least half an hour before you shampoo to remove oil. Remember the longer you leave the oil, the more effective it will be.
Coconut Oil to Fight Dandruff:
- Wash and condition your hair as usual at night, a couple of hours before bedtime.
- Melt a small portion of organic virgin coconut oil in a microwave or double boiler.
- As you wait for the coconut oil to come to bearable temperature, detangle your hair using a wide toothed comb.
- Now gently massage lukewarm coconut oil into your scalp using finger tips.
- After massaging your scalp for 5 to 7 minutes, wrap your head in a spare towel and leave the oil on overnight for best results.
- Exfoliate your scalp in the morning to remove any excess skin cells from scalp and then shampoo as usual.
Coconut Oil for Faster Hair Growth:
- Shampoo your hair thoroughly shortly before bedtime. If you want, condition as well.
- Microwave two tablespoons of coconut oil in a microwave-proof bowl to melt it.
- Detangle your hair with a brush or wide-toothed comb.
- Apply lukewarm oil to the scalp and hair and massage gently for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Wrap your hair and head in a towel and let the oil absorb into the scalp overnight.
- In the morning, shampoo and condition your hair as usual.
Coconut Oil as Daily Detangler:
- Start by melting a small amount of coconut oil in a double boiler or microwave, whichever you feel comfortable with.
- Apply lukewarm oil to your hairs, starting from the tips and working your way up to the roots.
- Slightly massage your scalp with light hand before you work out tangles with a wide-toothed comb or brush.
- Let the oil soak in for half an hour and then brush and style your hair as usual. Don’t shampoo your hair and let the oil nourish your hair all day long.
Coconut Oil as a Base For Hair Coloring:
- Melt a few spoonfuls of coconut oil using a double boiler or in microwave.
- Let the oil cool to room temperature and then mix coloring herbs into it.
- Mix thoroughly and then apply the mixture to your hair as you normally do.
- Wait for the said time, until the color is set.
- Shampoo your hair using lukewarm water to remove colorant and excess oil.
- Wrap your hair in a shower cap or a spare towel and let the color set overnight.
Follow these tips and keep your hair luscious and healthy. For expert advice, schedule a FREE CONSULTATION now by filing the form below.