Why Should I Do Hair Transplant?June 10, 2015
5 Ways to Fix your Patchy BeardJune 17, 2015
Prevention is better than cure, we all believe, don’t we? But when it comes to personal care we often tend to be careless until a lot of damage has occurred. If you are also a hair loss victim who has no idea how to deal with the problem, don’t worry. Read and follow these 10 tips to reverse hair loss in both men and women.
- Keep your hair clean: Always clean your hair and scalp properly. Dirt clogs the pores and hair follicles making it more difficult for hair to grow. Shampoo according to your needs but not more than thrice a week. There is a common misconception that shampooing hair daily is good for them. Excessive shampooing dries your hair and scalp of healthy oils, which ultimately makes your locks dry and brittle and more prone to hair fall. Also choose a shampoo according to your hair type i.e. dry, normal, or oily.
- Condition your hair daily: Select a quality conditioner and condition your hair daily. And if not daily, then at least every time after shampooing your hair. Conditioner softens and detangles hair and keeps them hydrated.
- Say no to chemical treatments: Many hair saloons claim that hair straightening and curling products do not cause permanent damage to hair. Nothing can be farther from the truth. Never risk the very existence of your hair just to look good for few days, or weeks at most. These chemicals can damage healthy hair, leave aside hairs that are already falling out.
- Avoid hair styling products: If you are a hair loss sufferer, don’t even think of using irons, and blow dryers. The heat produced by these hair styling products damages the hair follicles. If necessary, use a blow drier set on lowest temperature setting and from a distance. Stop dryer when your hair has a little moisture left; don’t over dry.
- Avoid hair styles that pull hair: This rule applies to both people with healthy hair as well as those suffering from hair loss. Continuous pulling can permanently damage hair causing traction alopecia. And just imagine what would happen if your hair follicles are already weak and falling out. If you are losing hair and use hair bands or something like that quite often, alternate your styles so that a certain part of scalp does not receive excessive traction.
- Do not backcomb hair: Backcombing is a sure way to cause damage to hair. Hair loss patients are strictly advised not to wear styles that need back combing. As you backcomb your hair, it makes them tangled and you lose a lot of hair while untangling them.
- Avoid static charge: Combs generally produce a lot of static charge in hair. This induced static charge makes hair stand up, prone to damage by sun, heat, and wind. Use wide a toothed wooden comb or hair brush to untangle wet hair.
- Massage with light hands: Massage is very good for your scalp as well as hair growth, but only when done rightly with light hands. Rubbing your scalp wildly can cause more bad than good while massaging scalp. Use any of your favorite oils and heat through it. Apply this lukewarm oil to your scalp and massage it gently with finger tips for 5 to 7 minutes. Then leave the oil on for about an hour or so. Shampoo as usual and let your hair air dry.
- Be gentle with hair: Weak hairs need a little extra care. Always be extra gentle to your hair while combing, brushing, or towel drying. Pat dry your hair to avoid damage caused by excessive friction.
- Avoid UV rays: UV rays are equally damaging to skin and hair. If you are a hair loss victim, be extra careful. This factor becomes especially important when you spend a lot time outdoors. Use conditioners with Sun Protection Factor.
We take our hair and youth for granted – until we start losing it. If you are also paying the price of taking hair for granted in the form of hair loss, follow the aforementioned 10 tips to reverse hair loss and enjoy a thick, healthy hair.
Many things which equally apply to the overall health and wellbeing – like healthy diet, exercise, not smoking, drinking plenty of water – are excluded from this list for the sake of specificity. So don’t take these simple things lightly. Stick to a healthy lifestyle if you wish to prevent hair loss in the first place. Diet particularly plays a vital role. Consume a balanced diet containing all the essential nutrients that your body needs healthy hair growth.