Seeing your hairbrush filled with broken hair and your bathroom drain clogged with them is never fun. Ads of hair growing miracles have always filled print and electronic media. Unfortunately, most of these ads are mere scams. Here, we have tried to separate real hair fall solutions from hair growth scams.
95% males lose their hair due to genetic factors. Hair loss due to the use of hair products, disease, medication and several other factors constitute the remaining 5%. Hair loss treatment would be easy if we are able to know the cause of our hair fall.
As mentioned above, most men lose hair due to their genes. Although, we cannot change our genes, we can still take some measures to stop or slow down hair fall.
Besides treating the underlying cause of hair loss, finasteride is the best available medication to counter hair loss in men. In a 5-year study to observe its effects on men, 2 out of 3 men taking 1 mg of finasteride daily grew hair while all of the men in the study who did not take the drug lost hair. In the same study, 48% of treated people experienced visible hair growth and 42% has no further hair loss.
Minoxidil is a topical solution to stimulate hair growth. It was originally developed for the treatment of high blood pressure. During its use, an interesting side effect was noticed – hair growth. FDA soon approved it for the treatment of pattern male baldness. Nowadays, Minoxidil 5% is available for men while Minoxidil 2% is prescribed to women.
There are some downsides of the drug, however. It interferes with hormones and controversy exists for its undesired effects on sexual health of men. Furthermore, the hair gained or maintained are lost within 6-12 months of ceasing treatment. This makes it really a temporary solution to a permanent problem.
Balanced diet is certainly helpful in preserving your valuable hair. Clean and nutrient rich diet is good for your overall health including hair. Proteins, zinc, vitamin-B complex are especially good for healthy hair.
Light scalp massage is relaxing as well as beneficial to your hair. It relieves tension (a contributor to hair fall) and increases blood circulation in the scalp. Use any natural oil of your choice to massage your scalp. Some time tested oils for stimulating hair growth include coconut oil, olive oil, almond oil and castor oil.
It is good to see a trichologist, at least once, if you are concerned about your hair fall. If a disease or medication is causing hair fall, addressing it may work wonders for you.
If your hair fall is due to genes, you can still slow it down to a great extent. If you have already lost a significant amount of hair, the doctor may recommend a hair transplant surgery. Thus far, hair transplantation is the only permanent solution to permanent hair loss. It takes healthy, balding resistant hairs from your own scalp or other parts of body and transplants them in the thinning or bald patches.
If you have any queries or concerns, or you are interested in getting hair transplant in Dubai, visit us now or book an absolutely FREE CONSULTATION with our experts by filling the form below.
Dr Cagatay Sezgin and staff are very professional, friendly and courteous. I found the whole experience to be most satisfactory. Everybody involved from the drivers to Interpreters to the Dr. and his lovely staff couldn't do enough to make me comfortable and relaxed. Fantastic service from arrival to departure.
My treatment went very well.I am really happy with the result, my hair transplant was made 9 months ago by Op.Dr.Çagatay Sezgin.I would like to say thank you to him and his team.They were really nice and friendly.
"I was really pleased with my experience at Dubai Cosmetic Surgery. I had to cancel the first date I booked, because of my daughter, but when I called them the next day, they fit us in that afternoon, which was really good. My mum and I went to a free consultation for Laser Assisted Liposuction, and it went very well. We were really impressed with the doctor, Dr. Juan Tadeo Krogulec - he was lovely. He spent as long as we needed with us, and didn't rush us. He was really thorough and not only did he answer all of our questions, he answered others we hadn't even thought of asking! I think that when the time comes for treatment we'll probably be going with them.".
I am very satisfied with my results. I strongly recommend this clinic for every one who wants great result and its very cheap to :). Dr. Cagtay and his team are very professional and do take care of their patients.".
Al Wasl Rd, Umm Seqiem, Al Manara Area P.O.Box. No. 57394, Dubai, UAE
4005, Block B, 4th Floor Al Razi Building No. 64, Dubai Healthcare City, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Bright Point Hospital, Tower B, Mohammed bin Zayed Stadium, Al Jazira Club, Muroor Road, Opposite to Dusit Thani, Abu Dhabi, UAE
Floor 2 , NMC Specialty Hospital, Al Nahda, United Arab Emirates
NMC Royal Hospital, Khalifa City A, 16th St, Abu Dhabi, UAE